From: dadiOH on
NJITGS wrote:
> Thank you very much for all your feedback. However, that seems like
> a bit much when all I really would like to do is get rid of the
> misplaced folder.

It was to help you avoid the same problem in the future.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: 3c273 on
Download Ubuntu live cd. Boot using Ubuntu cd, navigate to folder, delete,
remove cd, reboot.
Louis

"NJITGS" <njitgs(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> Thank you PA bear for the links to instruction for backing up email.
>
> Problem remains that I still have a misplaced file that I would like to
> remove.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Backup & Restore OE Data
> > http://www.insideoe.com/backup/
> > http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx <=includes info on Windows Mail in
Vista

> > Importing OE Data (all DBX files, including Folders.dbx)
> > http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importOE5
> >
> > Importing a single DBX file
> > http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx
> > http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#imp1
> >
> > OE Quick Backup (OEQB)
> > http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx
> >
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> >

> > NJITGS wrote:
> >> Recently I attempted to backup my Outlook Express using the Windows NT
> >> Backup Utility and when I tried to restore the files to the new
directory
> >> they did not properly restore to the correct location and when I try to
> >> delete the misplaced folder it will not allow me to, it gives the
> >> following
> >> message:
> >>
> >> X Cannot delete Outlook Express: The file name you specified is not
> >> valid
> >> or to long.
> >> Specify a different file name.
> >>
> >> It is located in the following location:
> >>
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\Local
Settings\Application

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
1. Create a new identity.

2. Import all folders from the old identity EXCEPT the folder-in-question
into the new identity.

3. Delete the old identity.

From: NJITGS on
Just tried it again, nope, won't let me delete it...

From: NJITGS on
Thank you for your enthusiasm..