From: C on
Unknown wrote:
> Like I said----nothing of any consequence happens. What should I expect? I'm
> not paranoid.
> "C" <c(a)nospamers.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> Unknown wrote:
>>> Nothing of any consequence happens.
>>> "C" <c(a)nospamers.com.invalid> wrote in message

>> How do you know you're not infected? Just because nothing seems to be
>> happening doesn't mean it isn't.
>>
>> --

You're hopelessly hiding your head in the sand and as far as I'm
concerned, this thread is over.

From: Unknown on
Like I said. I have never had a virus, I have no problems with my system, I
never have a problem updating,
I have no antivirus or malware programs installed and YOU say I'm hiding my
head in the sand?????
Is that a way of your admitting you can't answer my question?

From: Mark Adams on

"Unknown" wrote:

> Like I said. I have never had a virus, I have no problems with my system, I
> never have a problem updating,
> I have no antivirus or malware programs installed and YOU say I'm hiding my
> head in the sand?????
> Is that a way of your admitting you can't answer my question?

You should expect that your machine will be infecting other machines all
over the net without your awareness or knowlege. That's why I have good AV
software on my machines; so they won't get infected by machines like yours.
;-)

From: Unknown on
Mine would have to be infected in order to infect yours. That has NEVER
happened to anyone I communicate with.
The writers of malware and virus programs merely want your money.
Isn't the reverse true??? I have NEVER been infected by someone who doesn't
have a virus program installed.
Stop and THINK--------how does one get a virus? When, and more importantly,
how did you get your last virus?

From: The poster formerly known as 'The Poster Formerly Known as Nina DiBoy' on
On 3/24/2010 3:22 PM, Unknown wrote:
> Mine would have to be infected in order to infect yours. That has NEVER
> happened to anyone I communicate with.
> The writers of malware and virus programs merely want your money.
> Isn't the reverse true??? I have NEVER been infected by someone who doesn't
> have a virus program installed.
> Stop and THINK--------how does one get a virus? When, and more importantly,
> how did you get your last virus?

I got my last virus from my son, and it was a cold.

But seriously, there are more ways you can get a virus than conceivable:
Drive by on the web, open port, social networking, chat, p2p, email,
removable drives, newsgroups, physical access, Sony/BMG music CDs, and
this is only the start. The point is that you need multiple layers of
protection in order to be truly protected from the long list of ways to
get infected or owned. Safe hex is great, but alone is not enough
protection.

> "Mark Adams"<MarkAdams(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Unknown" wrote:
>>
>>> Like I said. I have never had a virus, I have no problems with my system,
>>> never have a problem updating,
>>> I have no antivirus or malware programs installed and YOU say I'm hiding
>>> my
>>> head in the sand?????
>>> Is that a way of your admitting you can't answer my question?
>>
>> You should expect that your machine will be infecting other machines all
>> over the net without your awareness or knowlege. That's why I have good AV
>> software on my machines; so they won't get infected by machines like
>> yours.
>> ;-)
>>

>>> "C"<c(a)nospamers.com.invalid> wrote in message

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: CHKDSK
Next: three new folders appeared on C drive