From: Tom Willett on
We only have your word for it, no proof. Your history of trolling precedes
your credibility.

"Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in message
: Perhaps then you can tell me why I haven't had a virus in the last 16
years?
: Where do you get your facts? Give me a malicious page to land on.
: "NA" <NA(a)na.org> wrote in message news:4BABAB7D.9000805(a)na.org...
: > On 3/25/2010 1:29 PM EST, Twayne wrote:
: >
: > [... snipped for brevity ...]
: >
: >>
: >> Safe Hex does not mean the trusted sites you access will never
: >> be hacked or otherwise infected with things that can
: >> infect/affect/effect you. With web sites it's even worse; you
: >> don't even have to click a link; just viewing the page can be
: >> enough to trigger a malware download in chunks, along with the
: >> page's normal content. You'd never see it coming.
: >>
: >
: > [... snipped for brevity ...]
: >
: > You made some excellent points--whether 'Unknown' wakes up or stays
: > ignorant that's his/her prerogative.
: >
: > Just want to add my 2 cents, even trusted sites--large legit
: > well-recognized sites--have been known to contain malicious contents
from
: > *advertisers* which were disseminated unchecked to site visitors. These
: > legit sites were neither hacked or infected--they're simply businesses
: > taking in any ad content as long as their client is willing to pay for
the
: > space. No clicks needed, just landing on those pages with the malicious
: > ads is enough for an infection and/or attack. Well crafted malicious
: > scripts can easily bypass the firewalls, NAT filters, and take control
of
: > unprotected and vulnerable PCs without any trace of a compromise to the
: > users. The better the exploit, the more sophisticated and discrete it
is.
: > Hackers today are well organized criminal syndicates that like to stay
: > under the radar--unlike the earlier generations of vandals and
delinquents
: > that are out for kicks and bragging rights. That's the reason for a
: > tiered multi-layered protection approach. If paying for active
protection
: > is not an option, then regularly using some free passive detection tools
: > are better than taking the naive 'head-in-the-sand' approach with no
: > protection at all.
:
:

From: Unknown on
You just said it. In 30 years you had one virus. NOW, how did you get it.
Did the AV programs REALLY detect a virus or was it one of those fake
messages enticing you to try their programs. What virus did it detect?
How was it deleted?

From: Unknown on
I'm not asking you to accept my word. Nevertheless it is a fact.
When and how did you get your last virus?
Simply amazing; when anyone doesn't agree with another's post they are
always a troll---ala Tim Blake.

From: Leythos on
In article <OJk0DZFzKHA.244(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, unknown(a)unknown.kom
says...
> You just said it. In 30 years you had one virus. NOW, how did you get it.
> Did the AV programs REALLY detect a virus or was it one of those fake
> messages enticing you to try their programs. What virus did it detect?
> How was it deleted?

I typed in a website address incorrectly, to a MS website, was taken to
a rogue website, redirected in under a second, and the malware opened
several dos boxes and began installing trojans and other things on the
computer in question.

The computer was fully patched, running IE and Firefox, fully patched,
with Symantec End Point Protection fully updated and running, as a local
admin (which is how most windows computers are currently running) - I
have duplicated the same infection method in IE and Firefox with
Symantec, McAfee, Trend, AVG and several others at that time (all of
them currently, today, block it).

This is a download computer, meaning that we keep an image in case it's
compromised, and it sits on a separate network so that our other
networks are not compromised. I spent close to 4 hours cleaning the
malware off of the system - the malware blocked execution of almost
every major player out there, including in safe mode, including renaming
their executables - the only anti-malware that would run without being
blocked was Trojan Remover 6.8.1 and it removed enough to allow the
anti-malware tools to properly run.

After I felt it was clean, I wiped the computer, restored a clean image,
and loaded Avira Antivir free edition - testing showed that the malware
was detected and blocked. In the past month I've seen instances where
Avira has blocked other drive-by attacks that the others have not
blocked....

This also describes how many of the infected machines I've seen are
compromised - and yes, I know all about the social engineered fake AV
warnings and few of our customers have been stupid enough to get
compromised by that.

Trust yourself.
From: HeyBub on
Unknown wrote:
> Like I said----nothing of any consequence happens. What should I
> expect? I'm not paranoid.

NOW I know where all the spam is coming from!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: CHKDSK
Next: three new folders appeared on C drive