From: John Pollard on
B wrote:
> On 4/24/2010 1:35 PM, John Pollard wrote:
>> Chad Neeper wrote:

>>> I had no reason for specifying H&B specifically, other that to
>>> indicate what version I use. I would hope that if Intuit chose to
>>> implement the feature, it would be implemented for all versions.
>>> (But if not, then I'd prefer it be included in the version _I'm_
>>> using! :-)
>>
>> Fair enough.
>>
>> My limited investigation suggests that iCAL is an Apple thing.
>>
>> Do any Windows desktop apps use it?

> Yes, there are Windows apps that support ical. ical has become the
> standard for interchanging calendars. The format was originally
> developed by Lotus and Microsoft. The Wikipedia article is quite
> good.
> The wonderful ReminderFox add-on to Firefox and Thunderbird uses the
> ical format.
>
> Mozilla Lightning and Sunbird both handle ical. My Outlook 2003 for
> Windows can send ical meeting requests. Outlook 2007 can export and
> import ical formats for syncing with Google calendar and with phones
> that use the ical format.

Thanks; to you and the others who replied.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: Andrew on
Chad Neeper wrote:

> Hope this helps. ...

OK Chad - thanks - so I ran a test, and (the key here!) is also one must
then perform an OSU to get it to appear on the calendar in a nice RED bold
entry.
Thanks!
Regards -

- Andrew

From: Chad Neeper on
Andrew wrote:
> OK Chad - thanks - so I ran a test, and (the key here!) is also one must
> then perform an OSU to get it to appear on the calendar in a nice RED bold
Well, it sounds like the feature actually does exist then, but just not
in the Q2010 H&B version. I guess that's good in that it's not just an
oops in the help text.

--

-----------------------
Chad Neeper

Level 9 Networks
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

-- Full LAN/WAN consulting services --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: nemo posts
Next: update/upgrade