First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Downloading 11.3
I want to pull down 11.3 in the middle of the night via a cron job & wget. When I go to the download web page the button is a script, not a URL. Does anybody have a direct URL to grab the 11.3 32 bit DVD ISO? Thanks... -- Kevin Miller Juneau, Alaska http://www.alaska.net/~atftb In a recent poll, seven ... 28 Jul 2010 12:56
Suse - Partition problem
I am not understanding how to install suse linux on XP and stuck at partitioning. Details: -- XP partitions are c drive - 30GB d drive 68.3 e drive 78.1 f drive 57 What i did: I freed/formatted f drive to install linux there. I ran defragmentor on all drives except c. I disable Paging(no paging file) I ran... 5 Aug 2010 15:45
The day has finally come: I have to upgrade
I have been using OpenSUSE 11.0 for quite some time now. At one point I tried to upgrade to 11.2, but I couldn't get X to work at all. I don't know if I messed up with the drivers or what, but it just wouldn't work at all. When the bootup sequence attempted to start the X login, the screen would get all messed up... 27 Jul 2010 18:22
Why does bootscripts have to be forced LC_ALL=POSIX ?
Recently I came across a problem with character encoding which only appeared to happen if I started my daemon with a bootscript. This means that I created a start script in "/etc/init.d/" following the established standard. After some debugging I realized that all bootscripts include the file "/etc/rc.status" ... 27 Jul 2010 06:13
Shutdown or hibernate
Hi again, I just solved a boot/fsck problem caused probably by corrupt files, it is likely that the files got damaged during boot. Now, I shotdown all our workstations (now 11.3 ext4) when they are not needed. I never had any boot problems before and I run suse since 2001. My questions are, is it better to ... 27 Jul 2010 17:15
odd results using tar to do a full system backup ....
Hello - I am having a strange problem that I cannot resolve..I am running SUSE SLES 10 SP1. I use the following command to backup my entire system to an external USB drive: tar -cvpf /media/disk/os_backup/full_backup_`date '+%d-%m-%Y'`.tar --directory=/ --exclude=proc --exclude=tmp --exclude=backup_scrip... 27 Jul 2010 21:41
Why is Firefox lagging behind
On both 11.2 and 11.3 a complete update system has a 3.6.6 Firefox. Yesterday I had to work on a Windows system and this has 3.6.8. Why is openSuse lagging behind? -- Cecil Westerhof Senior Software Engineer LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/cecilwesterhof ... 27 Jul 2010 18:22
Changing the CPU speed as user
houghi wrote: And as things go, just when I was ready, I found an (XFCE-)applet that would do the change correctly. LOL. Well, I was going to suggest kpowersave (if you like killing 3 puppies at a time) or powerdevil (4 puppies at a time - that's what the version numbers mean, right?) but obviously it is... 26 Jul 2010 11:36
opensuse 11.2 flash problem
I'm using opensuse 11.2 64bit system, and as of today flash isn't working anymore. i've tryed uninstalling and reinstalling of flash player but with no effect, also I've downloaded .rpm from adobe and installed it but again with no effect. does anyone have similar problem? thanks, Bruno ... 27 Jul 2010 13:55
Sorry, wrong newsgroup. Message recalled.
-- Ulick Magee Free software and free formats for free information for free people. Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org ... 25 Jul 2010 10:47