First  |  Prev |
Pages: 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Sett he source to Packman?
I read quite a few posts suggesting that you set your source to Packman, since they have better updates which Novell lack of. Is it true? And if so, how exactly is it done? I currently point to a local dir for the installation source. TIA -- Amnon Feiner http://www.woodcontour.com Solid Wood and Stone PC Per... 27 Oct 2005 05:26
wlan problem
hi all, here is my wlan probem. I have a prism 3886 javelin xbow wireless network card on an amilo A7640 running Suse 9.3 pro 32 bit version. The only way i got my card to work was using driverloader. no luck with ndiswrapper at all after trying. The card picks up my wlan network and the one from my neighbors ... 22 Oct 2005 15:09
kaffine
I am new at his. I am trying to get kaffin to play som vidios with out luck. Where do you put the w32 codecs-all folder? I have tried to findocumentation but so far no luck. Thanks Lloyd ... 28 Oct 2005 11:12
Audio but no video in some wmv's and CNN.com - SUSE 10
I've got SuSe 10 installed on an x86_64 machine. I've got Mplayer installed, w32codec_all installed, and the 32 bit mplayer browser plugin. For the most part, mplayer works fine - it plays many wmv's, all mpg's, all avi's, and many asf files just fine. It works as a plugin in firefox as well for most things. Howev... 20 Oct 2005 23:17
Ferrari 4000 notebook with Suse 10.0: Display problem
I'm using the Acer Ferrari 4000 notebook with Suse Linux 10.0. The installation suceeded after setting acpi=off. Almost everything works fine except Wireless Lan and the display. The graphics card is an ATI mobility Radeon X700 (128MB) with TV-out and an additional VGA-output. I've already installed the ATI linux d... 14 Oct 2005 21:27
Help with install sound driver. c-media
I'm trying to load correct sound card driver for my suse 9.3 My sound card is ac97 C-media 9739a chipset and I have downloaded official driver from c-media website. But I do not know how to install it. I dont know much about linux and I was trying to follow readme.txt. I delete my sound card that was installed by... 14 Oct 2005 08:51
OAFIID:GNOME_ClockApplet
Hi, I have a problem getting my gnome_clock-applet running on my SuSE 9.3 box. This is the error message: The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_ClockApplet". Do you want to delete the applet from your configuration? This error was triggered after i apt-upgraded. Any suggestions on ho... 29 Sep 2005 20:33
Hotplug - USB drives
Hi: Running SuSE 9.2 with all current patches/updates. PC - Celeron D 2.66 GHz with 2 harddrives, 512 megs RAM (emachines T3624). I have a 20Gig external USB harddrive that refuses to show up in My Computer. It used to - now its stopped. Not sure when this happened but would appreciate some help in troublesh... 11 Sep 2005 16:34
ATI Xpress 200
Hi, I've got Suse 9.3 on an AMD 64 bit cpu and I'm trying to get the ATI Xpress 200 graphic card to work. I've downloaded the driver from ATI (fglrx64_6_8_0-8.13.4-1.x86_64.rpm). When trying to install it from Yast, Yast just quits without letting me know if it is installed or not. Installing from console "... 2 Jul 2005 09:16
vnc error connection refused (10061)
Win2K is connected to SuSE 9.1 through static IP addresses. I can SSH no problem and can access a printer through SAMBA. I cannot get a vnc client connection working on the Win2k box. Error with RealVNC: unable to connect to host: connection refused (10061) Error with TightVNC: Failed to connect to server (19... 26 Feb 2005 13:23