First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Flakey cd's?
I have this stupid computer with a DVD R/RW drive and a CD R/Rw drives. Ubuntu live cd works great. Ubuntu 9.10 installs ok from either drive. OpenSuse 11.2 both live cds Kde and Gnome crash and burn on either CD drive. They have buffer IO errors and it crashes with no more things to do at this run level. Can't r... 8 Dec 2009 21:56
difference hda and sda
Hi, I just looked into some Redhat 5.3 and Centos and noticed these address my SATA drive as /dev/hda. I think this is unusual as I am used for some years now (suse) to see SATA drives driven by the scsi driver and being called sda. Is there hard evidence for /dev/sda being better than /dev/hda? /Str. ... 7 Dec 2009 16:13
11.2 modem resolv.conf
When I connect to a dial up ISP the system is not able to reolve addresses, e.g. www.yahoo.com. Connecting by satellite works OK. My 10.3 system has a file 'resolv.modem' but that doesn't seem to help 11.2. How can I get dial up working with 11.2? Thanks Paul ... 6 Dec 2009 04:08
CPU speed
houghi wrote: I noticed that my CPU is now not running at full speed. Where can I set the speed to full? It is running at 2GHz while the mobo clearly states in the bios that it is 2.83. So something slows it down. Probably rightfully to save energy. It is stated as "ondemand" now. However I ... 6 Dec 2009 11:40
Anyone but me using these apps?
Always wanting to try new things and explore. I've been playing around with the Opera and Chromium web browsers, and was thinking about trying out Lotus Symphony. Anyone have any experience with these? ... 23 Dec 2009 13:36
NetworkManager update broke modem connection (ppp)
EeePC 900, openSUSE 11.2 I had a working setup where wired and wireless nics were controlled by KnetworkManager and Huawei USB stick was used via wvdial. Everything was _so_ well. Zypper up updated the networkmanager and now wvdial does not work at all. Everything starts fine, authentication is success and ... 5 Dec 2009 20:38
Boot
What's the difference between booting from the MBR and root / drive? Which to choose during installation? Default is MBR. ... 3 Dec 2009 12:34
Tibetan fonts?
Dear Readers, Does anybody know about Tibetan fonts for opensuse 11.1 ? Thanks in advantage! Peter -- mailto:peter(a)dharma.dyn-o-saur.com ... 1 Dec 2009 20:39
TV Tuner
Anyone using a tv tuner with Linux? Are there any special problems getting it installed and up and running. I see that I already have the software on my system (kdetv) I have a big wide screen Samsung monitor and running a relative new Dell Inspiron 5305. I don't think I need the clunky old small screen ... 14 Dec 2009 21:01
Boot selection
During installation you have the option of booting from the MBR (enabled) or the root / (disabled) If you reverse these, how will it boot? Does it still use GRUB? What if / is not the first partition? ... 1 Dec 2009 13:52