First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
VMPlayer
On 01/06/2010 12:56 PM, central wrote: Right then, everything is now working in 11.2 / KDE4 that I need, except... After a long struggle I finally gave up on vmserver and, after the kernel update, tried vmplayer again - and this time it works! Well, almost: if I start it as a regular user, none of my ... 7 Jan 2010 13:30
Two problems with KDE4.3.4
Happy New Year, all! I took the plunge and am running KDE4.3.4 under OpenSUSE 11.2. Two problems: 1. The desktop names in the pager are very hard to read because of a thin font on a gray background that also shows a darker gray rectangle in the relative position of the selected window in that desktop. A plain... 7 Jan 2010 15:47
old man page behaviour
When doing a `man man` you now get the option of what manpage you see. In the past this was not the case. I tried looking up how to create the old behaviour, but could not find it. Anybody an idea? I also looked in man man and in /etc/manpath.config and found nothing. I think it was once explained in a release no... 6 Jan 2010 08:24
Manually installing an app that doesn't have an RPM
There's a couple of tools I need to use which are available from this site... http://www.complang.org/thurston/ The first, Ragel, has an rpm available and is easily installed. The second, Kelbt, is only available as source packaged in a .tar.gz. I've used both apps a great deal in the past, but only on Win... 4 Jan 2010 09:12
Web development preferences
Been wanting to redo my vastly out of date web site for ages. One area that I want to change is the menu. Using a .css based menu is nice in that it works even for people running noscript plugins. But it's a pain to update on every page. A javascript menu can be updated in one spot and the change is global but ... 9 Jan 2010 16:16
Batch renaming in subfolder tree
How could I rename all image files .gif .jpg .png in a whole tree to album.jpg album.gif album.png So the extension is kept but all images are renamed to album. I installed Sockso after houghi's advise and it can show the cover art if there's a file called album in the directory together with the music. I h... 11 Jan 2010 11:58
Removing USB devices with 11.2/KDE4
I'm still playing with 11.2 and KDE4 and I've run into something I can't find: Safely Remove for USB devices. It must be there but darned if I can find it. Also, is there any way to to get the device icons to pop up on the desktop ala KDE3 when I plug USB devices in? It was a little obscure on KDE3 but KDE4 is... 6 Jan 2010 08:24
Read/import MS Publisher (.pub) files
Anybody know of a Linux app that can read/convert MS Publisher output files? -- Will Honea ... 1 Jan 2010 01:12
Display hassles - suspect I need a new graphics card
I got a new monitor last April - the best that someone else could pay for, meaning 1920x1080 native resolution LCD - an LG W2261. Since that point I've had a fair few problems, none of which seem to be the monitors fault exactly, and on both Linux and Windows. I'm pretty sure the problem is with my obsolete gra... 1 Jan 2010 17:22
Kwin question
central wrote: I guess I'm missing something obvious here but... Under 11.0 and compiz, I could rotate my desktop cube either by dragging a window or using ctl-alt-left_click to drag the cube around. All I can find in Kwin config is the screen edges piece, which is either 'only when moving windows' or... 6 Jan 2010 08:24