First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Mounting Linux partition
Why does openSUSE make it so hard to mount a partition from another Linux distro? I multi-boot four Linux distros, (including openSUSE), and WindowsXP. There are 12 partitions, two for each Linux distro, a boot partition, a Windows partition, and a shared swap partition. I often wish to copy something from o... 27 Nov 2009 09:55
NFS issues - betwixt/between different distros
On Oct 26, 9:16 am, Malcolm <malcolm_nospamle...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote: On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:10:11 -0700 (PDT) j_cipale <j_cip...(a)yahoo.com> wrote: Adding more fuel to the OS Distro fire. I ran into a series of issues trying to get NFS working between different distros this weekend.... 26 Oct 2009 14:24
installing g++ 4.4.2 hell
Okay... short story long: SPent the weekend in INSTALL HELL trying to get SuSE 11.0 to install and network between my three servers/laptop/ windows Vista machine. After being unable to get NFS to work worth a flying truck, I reinstalled and 10.3 and my network is back. The whole reason I went to the upgrade was to ... 2 Nov 2009 13:28
Live CD
ZDNet is promoting using live Linux CD's for banking, finance and email internet activity. Spyware, phishing, keyloggers and viruses can't write themselves to your CD drive. I suppose you can still get attacked in live memory though, you think? ... 20 Oct 2009 22:18
Note to HP Printer users
I installed Suse 11.0 today and it auto configured my HP Photosmart D7560 printer as 7500 series. When I told it to print a page, it would put some printing on the first page, then start putting out page after page of blank pages until it was out of paper. Took awhile, but I corrected the problem by downloading... 14 Oct 2009 21:23
UPS / SLES 10 question
Hello - I am running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1. I purchased a CyberPower UPS because 1) it was cheap, and 2) it supports Linux. The reality is the Linux software it came with for shutting down the server is primitive and very limited. The UPS is connected via USB ... and the OS does recognize th... 13 Oct 2009 21:12
WINE anyone good with it?
I want to learn more about Wine and how to run it....use it with games etc. Any good resources out there? -- -Monti Ciski ... 13 Nov 2009 19:58
unable to install Skype
Hi all, I tried to install Skype on my opensuse 11.1-x86 computer. I got the Linux package from Skype (their recent Linux website, for opensuse 11+). After installing and typing "skype" in the terminal I got the following message: skype: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDBus.so.4: cannot open shared ... 6 Oct 2009 14:50
no more su :-(
Hi all, on Suse 11.1with KDE 4 by mistake gave a file root-rights and with chown I changed it back and moved it to a non-root folder. Now I wanted to install a program with Yast and got the (wrong) information, that my root-password is not valid. By typing "su" into a terminal and after giving my password I got ... 1 Oct 2009 08:20
ttyUSB0 and ICS
Hi All, I just got a Huawei e1752 3G broadband modem. It to works fine under Network manager (Opensuse 11.1 x86_64, using usb_modeswitch) and can connect to the Internet. However, I would like to share the Internet connection with other computers using a wireless router. I have two NICs in the computer using the... 27 Sep 2009 16:45