From: lloyd branum on

I am new at his. I am trying to get kaffin to play som vidios with out
luck. Where do you put the w32 codecs-all folder?

I have tried to findocumentation but so far no luck.

Thanks

Lloyd
From: Bill Kraski on
Charles philip Chan wrote:

> Put all the codecs in /usr/lib/win32 (no sub-folder).

I'm running SUSE 10.0 x86_64, installed the packman win32 codecs to that
directory. No matter what player, I keep getting a message that additional
plugins may be necessary to play Windows Media 9 files. But searching in
YAST for win32, plugin & plug-in all seem to indicate I've got all the
available plugins installed. ;-)

Bill K
From: Charles philip Chan on
On 21 Oct 2005, Bill.Kraski.NoSpam(a)verizon.invalid wrote:

> I'm running SUSE 10.0 x86_64, installed the packman win32 codecs to that
> directory. No matter what player, I keep getting a message that additional
> plugins may be necessary to play Windows Media 9 files. But searching in
> YAST for win32, plugin & plug-in all seem to indicate I've got all the
> available plugins installed. ;-)

It seems like win32 codecs (32-bit) loading doesn't work with either
64-bit xine (which Kaffeine uses by default) or mplayer. Please refer to
this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.linux.suse/browse_thread/thread/1d71fe0dfcb32cf6/de49491c760235f0?lnk=st&q=Audio+but+no+video+in+some+wmv%27s+and+CNN.com+-+SUSE+1&rnum=1#de49491c760235f0

Charles

--
/* These are the most dangerous and useful defines. They do printk() during
* the interrupt processing routine(s), so if you manage to get "flooded" by
From: houghi on
Bill Kraski wrote:
> Charles philip Chan wrote:
>
>> Put all the codecs in /usr/lib/win32 (no sub-folder).
>
> I'm running SUSE 10.0 x86_64, installed the packman win32 codecs to that
> directory. No matter what player, I keep getting a message that additional
> plugins may be necessary to play Windows Media 9 files. But searching in
> YAST for win32, plugin & plug-in all seem to indicate I've got all the
> available plugins installed. ;-)

Just install MPlayer with Packman as an installation source.

--
houghi Please do not toppost http://houghi.org
You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of
From: lloyd branum on

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:40:27 -0400, Charles philip Chan wrote:

> On 21 Oct 2005, Bill.Kraski.NoSpam(a)verizon.invalid wrote:
>
>> I'm running SUSE 10.0 x86_64, installed the packman win32 codecs to that
>> directory. No matter what player, I keep getting a message that additional
>> plugins may be necessary to play Windows Media 9 files. But searching in
>> YAST for win32, plugin & plug-in all seem to indicate I've got all the
>> available plugins installed. ;-)
>
> It seems like win32 codecs (32-bit) loading doesn't work with either
> 64-bit xine (which Kaffeine uses by default) or mplayer. Please refer to
> this thread:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.linux.suse/browse_thread/thread/1d71fe0dfcb32cf6/de49491c760235f0?lnk=st&q=Audio+but+no+video+in+some+wmv%27s+and+CNN.com+-+SUSE+1&rnum=1#de49491c760235f0
>
> Charles

I put w32 in /usr/lib as instructed. Then I over yasts complaints. It
works like a charm. thanks

Lloyd