From: Bill Kraski on
houghi wrote:

> Just install MPlayer with Packman as an installation source.

I have mplayer installed & YAST says it's from packman. On a short wmv clip
I tried,I get audio with mplayer but no video The error box says no -vo
(video output?). The codecs came from packman & installed where thy're
supposed to be -- all 126 files.

Bill K
From: Bill Kraski on
Bill Kraski wrote:

> I tried,I get audio with mplayer but no video The error box says no -vo
> (video output?). The codecs came from packman & installed where thy're
> supposed to be -- all 126 files.

Just a quick update. Totem says it doesn't handle WM 9 files, but kaffein
plays a stream. But, again, with audio, but no video. -- no error
messages, though.

Bill K
From: houghi on
Bill Kraski wrote:
> Bill Kraski wrote:
>
>> I tried,I get audio with mplayer but no video The error box says no -vo
>> (video output?). The codecs came from packman & installed where thy're
>> supposed to be -- all 126 files.
>
> Just a quick update. Totem says it doesn't handle WM 9 files, but kaffein
> plays a stream. But, again, with audio, but no video. -- no error
> messages, though.

And how do we know wether this is a local or a general problem if we
can't verify it?

--
houghi Please do not toppost http://houghi.org
You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of
From: Jim Adamthwaite on
I just encountered a prob with downloading to "<home>/My Downloads" which
seems to be a default dest dir for several progs.

Yast looked like it succeeded in LT 1/2 second without obvious errors, while
not actually doing anything.

#$@^$&^#%. My fu*&^%$@g mouse has frozen again.

As I was about to "say", the problem came from the space char in the "My
Downloads" dir name. Preceding the space with a backslash did not seem to
help, so I made a dir at the same level called "Downloads" & put a copy of
the win32 codec rpm in there.

After changing the installation source to dir://..../Downloads, Yast finally
installed the package.

Phew.
Jim A.
From: Dik Voorthuis on
Jim Adamthwaite wrote:

> I just encountered a prob with downloading to "<home>/My Downloads"
> which seems to be a default dest dir for several progs.
>
> Yast looked like it succeeded in LT 1/2 second without obvious errors,
> while not actually doing anything.
>
> #$@^$&^#%. My fu*&^%$@g mouse has frozen again.
>
> As I was about to "say", the problem came from the space char in the
> "My
> Downloads" dir name. Preceding the space with a backslash did not
> seem to help, so I made a dir at the same level called "Downloads" &
> put a copy of the win32 codec rpm in there.
>
> After changing the installation source to dir://..../Downloads, Yast
> finally installed the package.
>
> Phew.
> Jim A.

Yes, it is a bad idea to have spaces in directory names, or in
filenames. Gives a lot of problems.
BTW, I don't know any Linux program that defaults to this.

DV.