From: Peter Foldes on
Pegasus

Twayne becomes and turns into a complete fool when he posts defending the use and
advantages of Registry Cleaners

--
Peter

From: Michael on
Only then???
Two Two need to take his medication.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Bill in Co. on
I wonder if he is by any chance related to Sarah Palin?
(Only at least she's making some big bucks; so in that sense, and *only* in
that sense, she isn't).

From: Bill in Co. on
Bob I wrote:
> HeyBub wrote:

>>> Thank you. I use the "Microsoft RegClean" for the registry.
>>

>> There is a body of thought that Microsoft's "Reg Clean" was a placebo.
>> That
>> is, it did virtually nothing aside from giving the user the soothing
>> illusion that his registry was now "clean."
>>

> Placebo, Nothing!! Actually it pooched Microsoft Office entries which
> then required one to reinstall Office to straighten out the problems.

Not only that, but it also messed up my Netscape.
Fortunately they pulled it.

From: John John - MVP on
Twayne wrote:
> In news:eiFd6QC3KHA.4752(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
> Pegasus [MVP] <news(a)microsoft.com> typed:
>> "Frank Martin" <fm(a)general.com.au> wrote in message
>>> I have WindowsXP SP3
>>>
>>> Where does the System Restore program reside? I want to
>>> add it to the programs to be left alone in CCleaner.
>>>
>>> Would I have to add some registry entry too?
>>>
>>> Desperate, Frank
>> If you're desperate now, brace yourself for some real
>> desparation when CCCleaner damages your Windows
>> installation. Like most registry cleaners it is useless (at
>> best) and destructive (at worst). Have you ever used a
>> stopwatch to actually measure the numerous benefits it
>> boasts about or do you rely on the warm feeling that you
>> get inside when reading about the wonderful things it will
>> do? Many people use the word "snake oil" when talking about
>> registry cleaners.
>> The System Restore program is called rstrui.exe and it
>> normally dwells in the folder c:\windows\restore.
>
> Nah, what he needs to brace himself for is the spew from a
> closed minded ignoramus who is so far behind the times in
> technology and capabilities that he needs to consistantly spew
> his garbage, known to be garbage by millions of users, to this
> group's participants.
>
> Go ahead and ask him to cite any verfiable evidence of his
> allegations against cleaners; he can't do it.

What a joke! We do see posts with evidence of damages done by these
useless cleaners in these groups but when these posts show up you
conveniently disappear, when it comes to registry cleaners you have a
case of selective blindness...

Not *ONCE* have you ever taken the initiative to help anyone in need
after they have experienced difficulties caused by these cleaners, yet
anytime someone exposes these useless cleaners for what they are you
immediately come out with your ridiculous diatribe.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Missing files
Next: HTML/Crypted.Gen Virus: