From: Ludger A. Rinsche on
V Green schrieb:
> Bev:
Hmm, my problem is that i want the tabtip undocked if i call it with the
shourtcut in the taskbar.
If i use the floating tip icon the tabtip window is undocked.

From: Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] on
>> call it with the shortcut in the taskbar... the tabtip window is
undocked. <<

No answer for that as my experience was the same as yours... it
disappears...

....next question, what app is not presenting you with the undocked icon
when you are at an insertion point?

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

From: V Green on

> >> call it with the shortcut in the taskbar... the tabtip window is
> undocked. <<
>
> No answer for that as my experience was the same as yours... it
> disappears...
>
> ...next question, what app is not presenting you with the undocked icon
> when you are at an insertion point?
>
> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Bev:

Have you actually ever had the TIP appear "undocked" when launching
it from the taskbar icon? I never have, and am beginning to wonder if
this whole thing is nothing but our misinterpretation of what "undocked"
is - I suspect that "undocked" is the icon representation next to a text input
field of any kind and nothing more. Or maybe it varies depending on how
the Tablet PC mgfr. wrote their extensions to the OS. Hmmm.

From: Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] on
>> Have you actually ever had the TIP appear "undocked" when launching
it from the taskbar icon? <<

I do remember that the undock would undock the tip and place it below
the insertion point.

tinkering a bit more, selecting undock forces the tip _icon_ to appear
at the insertion point... so, if you are quick, you can tap the icon and
work with an undocked tip.

May have been altered to force the appearance of the tip icon when the
stylus proximity does not bring it up.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]