From: Ludger A. Rinsche on
Hi,
i am using a Lenovo Thinkpad X41 Tablet with WinXP-Tablet Edition. The
MS insert area tool (it is tabtip, isnt it?) has v 1.7.2600.2180.

As you can see at the picture
(http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVpXFEJ) there is a lot of space
between the space ar and the task bar. Wasted space which i dont want to
waste on a 12,1" display.

Can i resize the tool so that this space isnt wasted?

Another problem: If I chose under "Options" that it shoudnt be docked it
doesnt undocks, it disappears!

I use a lot of non MS programms, so the small icon for the tool often
dont appears. Is there a way to create a shortcut or batch command to
let the undocked taptip on the screen?
Or is there a way to let it slide away, vista style? (so i can get it
back at every time)

Thx alot!
From: Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] on
What happens when you right click in the space at the bottom?

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
From: Ludger A. Rinsche on
Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] schrieb:
> What happens when you right click in the space at the bottom?
>
> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

nothing
From: Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] on
>> nothing <<

Since there was no "line" assumed that but posted in on the slight
possibility that it was related to quickbuttons.

However, think I found it in the interum... go to tip options, writing
and set space between lines to a lower value...

....the space assigned to writing fixes the tip box size, so, when the
keyboard is selected the box remains sized for the writing spacing.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
From: Hilton Locke [MSFT] on
There is no way to resize the docked Tablet Input Panel on Windows XP
You should be able to use the "shake" gesture to make the TIP appear
where/when you want it. Shake is not the easiest gesture to perform though,
so your mileage may vary.
Lastly, (this sounds sarcastic, but is not meant in a sarcastic way)If you
want Vista features, you should install Vista. Not only will you get the
nifty sliding, but you'll get a whole host of improvements in other Tablet
usability aspects as well. Otherwise, there is no way to script making the
TIP appear/disappear on WinXP

--Hilton Locke