From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Eric Allen" <eric-allen(a)peoplepc.com>

| David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "Eric Allen" <eric-allen(a)peoplepc.com>

>> | tried it, no luck

>> ** Something hit the spam filters and my previous reply failed to post :-( **

>> Simsesys anti virus ?

>> I know of many anti virus applications but NOT "Simsesys" and BugBear (W32.Bugbear(a)mm)
>> is OLD.

>> Remove "Simsesys" and install a quality anti virus application as it is JUNK.

>> Avira AntiVir is the recommended solution.
>> http://freeav.com

>> My Multi AV Scanning Tool has multiple AV scanners that will remove the BugBear such
>> as
>> the McAfee module.

| ok it's removed, I ran AVG and Avast,,, neither found anything.

LOL

Simsesys AV == CRAPware

If it was BugBear Avast and AVG would have definitely detected it. Like I said, its old.
Goes back to 2001 ~ 2002.

I hope you do NOT have BOTH AVG and Avast installed on the SAME PC!

It is one or the other, not both.

--
Dave

From: John on
Try format and reinstall your operating system. Yes, I'm serious.

From: Eric Allen on
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Eric Allen" <eric-allen(a)peoplepc.com>
>
> | David H. Lipman wrote:
>>> From: "Eric Allen" <eric-allen(a)peoplepc.com>

>>> ** Something hit the spam filters and my previous reply failed to post :-( **
>
>>> Simsesys anti virus ?
>
>>> I know of many anti virus applications but NOT "Simsesys" and BugBear (W32.Bugbear(a)mm)
>>> is OLD.
>
>>> Remove "Simsesys" and install a quality anti virus application as it is JUNK.
>
>>> Avira AntiVir is the recommended solution.
>>> http://freeav.com
>
>>> My Multi AV Scanning Tool has multiple AV scanners that will remove the BugBear such
>>> as
>>> the McAfee module.
>

> | ok it's removed, I ran AVG and Avast,,, neither found anything.
>
> LOL
>
> Simsesys AV == CRAPware
>
> If it was BugBear Avast and AVG would have definitely detected it. Like I said, its old.
> Goes back to 2001 ~ 2002.
>
> I hope you do NOT have BOTH AVG and Avast installed on the SAME PC!
>
> It is one or the other, not both.

one at a time, so I'm guessing the simsesys was getting false possitives.
From: Eric Allen on
John wrote:
> Try format and reinstall your operating system. Yes, I'm serious.
>
> "Eric Allen" <eric-allen(a)peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>> David H. Lipman wrote:
>>> From: "Eric Allen" <eric-allen(a)peoplepc.com>

>>> ** Something hit the spam filters and my previous reply failed to post
>>> :-( **
>>>
>>> Simsesys anti virus ?
>>>
>>> I know of many anti virus applications but NOT "Simsesys" and BugBear
>>> (W32.Bugbear(a)mm)
>>> is OLD.
>>>
>>> Remove "Simsesys" and install a quality anti virus application as it is
>>> JUNK.
>>>
>>> Avira AntiVir is the recommended solution.
>>> http://freeav.com
>>>
>>> My Multi AV Scanning Tool has multiple AV scanners that will remove the
>>> BugBear such as
>>> the McAfee module.
>>>

>> ok it's removed, I ran AVG and Avast,,, neither found anything.

only if need be
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Eric Allen" <eric-allen(a)peoplepc.com>

< snip >

>> I hope you do NOT have BOTH AVG and Avast installed on the SAME PC!

>> It is one or the other, not both.

| one at a time, so I'm guessing the simsesys was getting false possitives.

Most likely, yes. Flase Positive.

When you say "one at a time" you mean install #1, scan the system. Remove #1
Install #2 scan the system ?

--
Dave