From: Beyond X on
I already visited MS download site for XP SP3. At the end it only tells
that the best way is to turn on Automatic Update, which I already stated
gave rise to nothing (invoked no action). When I turned to "Manually set
up SP3", downloaded a file named WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe and
proceeded for setting up, I ended up an error message
: An internal error occurred. Service Pack 3 Installation did not
complete. No explanation about what the internal error is. This is my
situation. Is this the same reason why Automatic update does not work?
Incidentally I have no security software installed that might interfere
with updating. This computer has not been used for anything that might
invite malwares infection.
Any advice or suggestion?

From: Unknown on
I had a similar experience. I simply tried again and it was successful.

From: Unknown on
You may want to download and SAVE. Then at a later time click on the
download and install.
In event of an error you won't have to download again.

From: Robert Kochem on
Beyond X wrote:

> complete. No explanation about what the internal error is. This is my
> situation. Is this the same reason why Automatic update does not work?
> Incidentally I have no security software installed that might interfere
> with updating. This computer has not been used for anything that might
> invite malwares infection.
> Any advice or suggestion?

If you already performed a fresh installation I would recommend to create a
WinXP installation with SP3 included (Slipsteaming the service pack). If
you don't want to do it manuelly you can use a tool such a nLite to
slipstream the SP and create the new install CD.
Using the new CD you can set-up a fresh installation.

Robert