From: schmidtd on
On Jan 14, 4:56 am, "winston19842...(a)yahoo.com"
<winston19842...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> TI-99 was #4! Cool!

Our host, Tom Merritt, said he still had his. Later, he said he had
sold it to buy a C64. Which is it?
From: Jonathan Hoyle on
On Jan 15, 12:41 pm, schmidtd <schmi...(a)my-deja.com> wrote:
> On Jan 14, 4:56 am, "winston19842...(a)yahoo.com"
>
> <winston19842...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> > TI-99 was #4! Cool!
>
> Our host, Tom Merritt, said he still had his.  Later, he said he had
> sold it to buy a C64.  Which is it?

To me, it sounded like he said he *decided* to sell his TI-99/4A for
the promise of getting a C-64. Then it sounded like he didn't get
it. Or perhaps he got a C-64 later, without having to sell his TI
after all. I suppose he might have had two TI-99's, but I would think
that is even more unlikely.
From: Golan Klinger on
schmidtd wrote:

> Our host, Tom Merritt, said he still had his. Later, he said he had
> sold it to buy a C64. Which is it?

He also referred to himself as an Apple II user and said the Amiga could
"do up to 16 million colours in 1985". It would seem that he's as fast and
loose with the truth as he is with the facts.

--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.
From: Math1723 on
On Jan 15, 2:41 pm, Golan Klinger <n...(a)sp.am> wrote:
> schmidtd wrote:
> > Our host, Tom Merritt, said he still had his.  Later, he said he had
> > sold it to buy a C64.  Which is it?
>
> He also referred to himself as an Apple II user and said the Amiga could
> "do up to 16 million colours in 1985". It would seem that he's as fast and
> loose with the truth as he is with the facts.

Referring to himself as an Apple II user doesn't seem inconsistent, as
many people had many computers at the same time back then (I know I
did).

But you are correct about the Amiga's colors. The 24-bit color
pallette (16.8 million colors) didn't arrive on the Amiga until (I
think) the Amiga 3000, which was much after 1985.
From: Clocky on

"Math1723" <anonym1723(a)aol.com> wrote in message
On Jan 15, 2:41 pm, Golan Klinger <n...(a)sp.am> wrote:
> schmidtd wrote:
> > Our host, Tom Merritt, said he still had his. Later, he said he had
> > sold it to buy a C64. Which is it?
>
> He also referred to himself as an Apple II user and said the Amiga could
> "do up to 16 million colours in 1985". It would seem that he's as fast and
> loose with the truth as he is with the facts.

Referring to himself as an Apple II user doesn't seem inconsistent, as
many people had many computers at the same time back then (I know I
did).

But you are correct about the Amiga's colors. The 24-bit color
pallette (16.8 million colors) didn't arrive on the Amiga until (I
think) the Amiga 3000, which was much after 1985.

Nope, the Amiga 3000 was ECS like the later A2000's and A500's (early of
each model were OCS). Only the A1200 and A4000 Amiga computers had AGA and
both of those were released in the 90's.