From: RobertB on
CNET TV has posted a short video listing the Top 5
computers of the 1980's. The Commodore 64 wins out
by being number 1! (We're number 1... we're number 1!)
The Amiga computer comes in fifth place. To see the
video, go to

http://cnettv.cnet.com/1980s-computers/9742-1_53-50081092.html?tag=smallCarouselArea.1

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.sccaners.org
From: winston19842005 on
TI-99 was #4! Cool!

From: jonny on
On 14/01/2010 7:50am, RobertB wrote:
> CNET TV has posted a short video listing the Top 5
> computers of the 1980's. The Commodore 64 wins out
> by being number 1! (We're number 1... we're number 1!)
> The Amiga computer comes in fifth place. To see the
> video, go to
>
> http://cnettv.cnet.com/1980s-computers/9742-1_53-50081092.html?tag=smallCarouselArea.1
>
> Truly,
> Robert Bernardo
> Fresno Commodore User Group
> http://videocam.net.au/fcug
> The Other Group of Amigoids
> http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
> Southern California Commodore& Amiga Network
> http://www.sccaners.org

Yep, 30 million of those babies were sold around the world, but sales of
the Amiga, especially in the US, were a travesty, although it did very
well in Europe (UK and Germany) and Australia.

Why was the Amiga so ignored in the US?
From: J. B. Wood on
In article
<8e26ebb9-c6e5-4aa5-a59e-8dc2247d3a18(a)j24g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
RobertB <rbernardo(a)iglou.com> wrote:

> CNET TV has posted a short video listing the Top 5
> computers of the 1980's. The Commodore 64 wins out
> by being number 1! (We're number 1... we're number 1!)
> The Amiga computer comes in fifth place. To see the
> video, go to

Hello, and for a long while I thought no other vendor ever came close to
matching the worldwide sales of the C-64/64C computer. Don't know if that
record still holds, though for laptop/desktop computer sales to-date.
Sincerely,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail: wood(a)itd.nrl.navy.mil
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337
From: Colin on

"jonny" <jonny(a)no-email.org> wrote in message
> On 14/01/2010 7:50am, RobertB wrote:
>> CNET TV has posted a short video listing the Top 5
>> computers of the 1980's. The Commodore 64 wins out
>> by being number 1! (We're number 1... we're number 1!)
>> The Amiga computer comes in fifth place. To see the
>> video, go to
>>
>> http://cnettv.cnet.com/1980s-computers/9742-1_53-50081092.html?tag=smallCarouselArea.1
>>
>> Truly,
>> Robert Bernardo
>> Fresno Commodore User Group
>> http://videocam.net.au/fcug
>> The Other Group of Amigoids
>> http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
>> Southern California Commodore& Amiga Network
>> http://www.sccaners.org
>
> Yep, 30 million of those babies were sold around the world, but sales of
> the Amiga, especially in the US, were a travesty, although it did very
> well in Europe (UK and Germany) and Australia.
>
> Why was the Amiga so ignored in the US?

That`s a sort of dumb question!
They had enough typewriters already.