From: Bruce on
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 00:43:01 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
<mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>Hello:
>
>Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo, with some activities
>around:
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4549198813/
>
>Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

Should that have been "The Judge's Horse"?

Either way, it's atrocious.

From: Peter on
"Mark L" <markl071616(a)yaspamhoo.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:29:01 +0100, bugbear
> <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
>
>>mmyvusenet wrote:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> Yesterday I had the opportunity to take this photo, with some activities
>>> around:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4549198813/
>>
>>Can you please give a little commentary on your photos
>>instead of just posting them with "Thanks for your technical comments
>>about photography."
>>
>>If you told us what you're trying to achieve
>>in terms of colour, shape, texture, composition, lighting or
>>subject, you might get more useful responses.
>>
>>Just doing the same damn thing over and over is pointless.
>>
>> BugBear
>
> But it's working, isn't it? How is this any different than what blind
> Dudley does?

What's working?

The comments made here are ignored, for all practical purposes. His shots
continue without even token respect for the time some of us have taken to
comment.
Miguel is an intelligent professional who should be able to understand. I
strongly suspect that his training and background in consistency, which is
sometimes a good quality for an accountant, is antithetical to creative art
and acceptance of change.

The following anecdote will illustrate my point. I was in a car with an
accountant. There was several inches of snow on the roof of his car and he
had the heat turned way up. When I asked him why it was so hot he stated
that he liked to drive with the sun roof open in cold weather and wanted to
stay warm. We came to a red light, I opened his sunroof and we both were
covered with the results of my expected mini blizzard. He never understood
my point.

If I start to see at least consideration of the expressed comments, I will
also comment. Otherwise, why bother. YMMV

--
Peter

From: Peter on
"bugbear" <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote in message
> Mark L wrote:
>> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:29:01 +0100, bugbear
>> <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

>>> Can you please give a little commentary on your photos
>>> instead of just posting them with "Thanks for your technical comments
>>> about photography."
>>>
>>> If you told us what you're trying to achieve
>>> in terms of colour, shape, texture, composition, lighting or
>>> subject, you might get more useful responses.
>>>
>>> Just doing the same damn thing over and over is pointless.
>>>
>>> BugBear
>>
>> But it's working, isn't it? How is this any different than what blind
>> Dudley does?
>
> For the moment, I'm assuming that mmyvusenet is genuine,
> but misguided.

A valid assumption. See my comment below.

--
Peter

From: Peter on
"Martin Brown" <|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> I had assumed the photos were a front for selling and smuggling parrots.
> But I can't see anyone wanting to buy the Lima courthouse.

It's not for sale. I bought it together with a bridge in Brooklyn.

--
Peter

From: Mark L on
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:15:08 +0100, bugbear
<bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

>Mark L wrote:
>> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:29:01 +0100, bugbear
>> <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

>>> Can you please give a little commentary on your photos
>>> instead of just posting them with "Thanks for your technical comments about photography."
>>>
>>> If you told us what you're trying to achieve
>>> in terms of colour, shape, texture, composition, lighting or
>>> subject, you might get more useful responses.
>>>
>>> Just doing the same damn thing over and over is pointless.
>>>
>>> BugBear
>>
>> But it's working, isn't it? How is this any different than what blind
>> Dudley does?
>
>For the moment, I'm assuming that mmyvusenet is genuine,
>but misguided.
>
> BugBear

Hmm.... "misguided" ... after having been "guided", for ... what? Three
years or more now?

Who's "misguided"??

There's a reason some people once came up with the phrases, "you can't make
a silk-purse out of a sow's ear", or "casting pearls before swine".

They are what they are, they is what they is, expect no more than
that--ever. And don't be fooled by the stopped clock that is correct twice
a day either. Judge their viability on the rest of the day.