From: Bill on
I'm in Australia and recently ordered a Studio 17 Laptop - getting it is the
main problem - shortage of parts etc.

Anyway, the order acknowledgement/manifest clearly states Genuine ...
Windows ...DVD Media is included.

HP didn't supply media when I purchased from them 30 or so months ago - but
part of the setup process included burning 2 DVD's for recovery purposes.
There is also a recovery partition, but as someone says in this thread, its
pretty useless if you have a HD failure.

From: MJMIII on
Correct, unless you use a program like Acronis to image the drive. Then you
can restore a new drive with all the information from the old.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.