From: jdawe on
There are only 2 things in this universe:

Energy

or

Matter

There are only 2 states those 2 things can be in:

In Motion

or

At Rest

When 'energy\matter' is 'in motion' it generates positive force
( gravity ).

When 'energy\matter' is 'at rest' it generates negative force
( inverse of gravity ).

Understand that law and you will understand everything in this
physical universe.

-Josh.
From: Inertial on

"jdawe" <jdawe(a)ncable.com.au> wrote in message
> There are only 2 things in this universe:
>
> Energy
>
> or
>
> Matter

So .. what is gravity then?

> There are only 2 states those 2 things can be in:
>
> In Motion
>
> or
>
> At Rest

An object can be both at the same time .. depending on who is looking at it

> When 'energy\matter' is 'in motion' it generates positive force
> ( gravity ).
>
> When 'energy\matter' is 'at rest' it generates negative force
> ( inverse of gravity ).

There is no negative gravity (ie a repulsive force).

That is utter nonsense

> Understand that law and you will understand everything in this
> physical universe.

You clearly understand nothing.

From: SolomonW on
On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:24:45 +1100, Inertial wrote:

> "jdawe" <jdawe(a)ncable.com.au> wrote in message
>> There are only 2 things in this universe:
>>
>> Energy
>>
>> or
>>
>> Matter
>
> So .. what is gravity then?

It would have to be a third option - a force.

>> There are only 2 states those 2 things can be in:
>>
>> In Motion
>>
>> or
>>
>> At Rest
>
> An object can be both at the same time .. depending on who is looking at it

Uncertainly principal states it can never be at rest.

>> When 'energy\matter' is 'in motion' it generates positive force
>> ( gravity ).
>>
>> When 'energy\matter' is 'at rest' it generates negative force
>> ( inverse of gravity ).
>
> There is no negative gravity (ie a repulsive force).
>
> That is utter nonsense

Indeed, I think what he is trying to do is talk about the cosmological
constant

>> Understand that law and you will understand everything in this
>> physical universe.
>
> You clearly understand nothing.

Yep
From: Paul O on
jdawe wrote, On 10/21/2009 12:18 AM:
> David,
>
> I have some homework for you to do:
>
> The energy\matter of the star ( our sun ) is 'At Rest' it generates
> negative gravity.
>
> The energy\matter of the planets ( including our earth ) are 'In
> Motion' they generate positive gravity.
>
> Using the Law Of The Universe see if you can tell me:
>
> Why the sun is composed of more energy than matter?
>
> and
>
> Why the planets are composed of more matter than energy?
>

> <snip>
Here is some homework for you...

Our local star (our sun) is in Motion as it orbits around the center of
our galaxy.

Our galaxy is in motion in in relation to the other galaxies in our
local group.

Our local group is in motion in relation to our Local Supercluster of
galaxies (surrounding the Virgo Cluster)

Ponder....

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

From: Androcles on

"Paul O" <first.d.last(a)company.com> wrote in message
> jdawe wrote, On 10/21/2009 12:18 AM:
>> David,
>>
>> I have some homework for you to do:
>>
>> The energy\matter of the star ( our sun ) is 'At Rest' it generates
>> negative gravity.
>>
>> The energy\matter of the planets ( including our earth ) are 'In
>> Motion' they generate positive gravity.
>>
>> Using the Law Of The Universe see if you can tell me:
>>
>> Why the sun is composed of more energy than matter?
>>
>> and
>>
>> Why the planets are composed of more matter than energy?
>>

>> <snip>
> Here is some homework for you...
>
> Our local star (our sun) is in Motion as it orbits around the center of
> our galaxy.
>
> Our galaxy is in motion in in relation to the other galaxies in our local
> group.
>
> Our local group is in motion in relation to our Local Supercluster of
> galaxies (surrounding the Virgo Cluster)
>
> Ponder....

Ok, pondered.
Conclusion... nothing I can do about it, it doesn't change my life.

Some simple facts about climate.

Negative feedback:
1) Sun heats ocean.
2) Ocean evaporates.
3) Clouds reflect sunlight into space, reduce evaporation.
4) Less cloud forms, more heat is absorbed, more cloud forms,
less heat is absorbed; Earth's temperature remains constant.
If it gets warmer, it will cool. If it gets cooler, it will
warm.

Positive feedback:
5) Snow falls on land and polar ice.
6) Snow/ice reflect sunlight into space, reduce heat absorption.
7) Earth cools as it radiates heat to space, more snow falls,
more sunlight is reflected, result is an Ice Age. The colder
it is, the colder it will get. The warmer it is, the warmer
it will get.

Changing the balance:
8) Earth's orbit is elliptical.
9) Sunlight obeys the inverse square law.
10) Earth is tilted.
11) More sunlight reaches Earth at perihelion than at aphelion.
12) Earth's Great White Spot, Antarctica, reflects sunlight at
aphelion (Southern summer). Result, positive feedback
predominates, Ice Age.
13) Earth precesses. Earth's Great White Spot reflects sunlight
at perihelion (Northern summer). But Earth's Great White Spot
has no sunlight to reflect and the Northern Wet Spot (the Arctic
Ocean) has even more sunlight to melt its ice cap than it had
when it faced the Sun at aphelion. Water absorbs far more heat
than ice. Result: more sunlight absorbed, positive feedback,
global warming.

14) But it is offset by more cloud, see negative feedback above.
Overall result - a small change in temperature as a function of
precession.

15) CO2 levels rise as a consequence of a warmer planet, not
as the cause. Far more strange gases are vented to atmosphere by
volcanoes than by man.

Ponder...