From: spike1 on
MagerValp <MagerValp(a)cling.gu.se> did eloquently scribble:

> s> The alt.recipes.babies seems an odd addition though... Who could
> s> POSSIBLY want to use babies in recipes when chicken and pork are
> s> readily available? And what does that have to do with computers?

> By crossposting to an unused group, the troll can keep track of the
> replies and see how successful the trolling is.

Now where's the run in that... Most trolls want to keep stirring it once the
thread's started... Tsk, no class or style.
| spike1(a)freenet.co.uk | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?" |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |
From: Cameron Kaiser on
spike1(a)freenet.co.uk writes:

>>>The alt.recipes.babies seems an odd addition though... Who could
>>>POSSIBLY want to use babies in recipes when chicken and pork are
>>>readily available? And what does that have to do with computers?

>>By crossposting to an unused group, the troll can keep track of the
>>replies and see how successful the trolling is.

>Now where's the run in that... Most trolls want to keep stirring it once the
>thread's started... Tsk, no class or style.

Exactly. It's a sad commentary on Usenet when we don't even have high
quality instigators anymore.

--
Cameron Kaiser * ckaiser(a)floodgap.com * posting with a Commodore 128
personal page: http://www.armory.com/%7Espectre/
From: DanSolo on
spike1(a)freenet.co.uk wrote:
> Nah, that's not how these things work.
> If it's crossposted to csc AND css, it means the insults to the commode we
> reply with will be seen by you...
>
> The alt.recipes.babies seems an odd addition though...
> Who could POSSIBLY want to use babies in recipes when chicken and pork are
> readily available? And what does that have to do with computers?

So if we all stopped crossposting then... dammit, too late.

From: Paul Rosenzweig on
Ed Zagmoon wrote:
> the Sinclair Spectrum must be a girl's computer.

About 10 years ago, I bought a BARBIE doll digital camera that really
worked. The camera had a darling flower around the lens that had no
obvious photographic or computer function. The packaging looked like
it contained an item for a girls doll rather than a photographic or
computer item. The image manipulating software booted with a banner
containing claims that the software was for girls, and spoke with the
voice of a 19 year old valley girl accented BARBIE. The spoken word
"KOOL!!" must mean "task complete".

A year or so earlier, Mattel Corp got into a lot of trouble with
feminist activists when they manufactured a talking BARBIE doll which
said among other things "math is tough". The BARBIE doll camera must
have been an attempt to sooth the hurt feelings of the feminists. The
camera was a commercial flop.

I once got a ride from the sweetest girl in my congregation. While
taking me to my destination, she remarked "quantum mechanics is tough".
She then revealed that she was an EE.

From: David Murray on

> I once got a ride from the sweetest girl in my congregation. While
> taking me to my destination, she remarked "quantum mechanics is tough".
> She then revealed that she was an EE.

Woman can be intelligent with electronics and science, but usually they
just aren't interested. I actually bumped into a girl at radioshack a
few days ago digging through some drawers looking for the right kind of
capacitor. When I walked up behind her, I actually ASSUMED it was a
man with long hair. I expected to see a beard when he turned around.
but it was a girl, and somewhat pretty one at that. Then my next
assumption was that she was picking something up for her husband or
boyfriend. But she pulled out a schematic and double checked some
numbers before choosing the one she wanted. I never spoke a word. I
stood there in shock. I thought it was interesting that she looked a
lot like Jeri Ellsworth (but obviously was not) I always wanted to
date a girl that was into electronics, but I soon gave up because I
figured they either didn't exist, or would be so far and few between
that I'd never find one.

As far as the original post.. yeah, he is an amateur troller. I've
seen much better attempts at starting flame wars. However, in the
interest of the sinclair.. I think it makes an excellent door stop as
it will actually wedge under the door, and won't even break off any
keys (as it has none). I actually remember the first time I saw one,
it reminded me of the cash-registers that McDonald's used because they
looked very similar with the flat key-less keybaord.