From: eric gisse on
rotchm wrote:

>> Math hides nothing. If you can't find it, it doesn't exist.
>
> The path of a commet can not be foud, yet it exist. Three body
> problem.
>
> Many things in math can not be found but can be shown to exist
> (mathematically).

Uh, you have heard of a 'computer', right?
From: Inertial on
"GogoJF" wrote in message

On Aug 10, 8:34 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "GogoJF" wrote in message

> >But, I would say more than anything- that the
> > instantaneousness of light is the most absolute frame to me.
>
> It isn't instantaneous.
>
> Try again

>This is what I put and pile everything- of my ideas and theories on.

Then you've piled it on a falsehood

[snip irrelevant waffle]

Nothing left

From: GogoJF on
On Aug 11, 2:02 am, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "GogoJF"  wrote in message

> On Aug 10, 8:34 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
>
> > "GogoJF"  wrote in message

> > >But, I would say more than anything- that the
> > > instantaneousness of light is the most absolute frame to me.
>
> > It isn't instantaneous.
>
> > Try again
> >This is what I put and pile everything- of my ideas and theories on.
>
> Then you've piled it on a falsehood
>
> [snip irrelevant waffle]
>
> Nothing left

Inertial, when did you start to believe in finite light? What was the
single, overwhelming piece of evidence that converted you?
From: harald on
On Aug 10, 8:34 pm, Hayek <haye...(a)nospam.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> There is an absolute frame, but the gamma factor hides this.
>
> There are three possibilities :
>
> 1.a does not move, only b moves wrt the absolute frame.
>
> 2.a moves and b moves faster first then returns slower
> wrt the absolute frame to a
>
> 3.a moves and b moves slower first then returns faster
> wrt absolute frame.

You forgot to introduce the context about what your a. and b. refer
to...

> first case : b's clock will move slower than a's on the
> outward voyage and slower than a's on the way back.

My first guess: perhaps you have Langevin's "twin" scenario in mind.
If so, then obviously the random chances of 1. are about zero.

> second case : b's clock will move muuuuch slower that
> a's on the outward voyage and faster than a's on the way
> back, in total, because the gamma factor has a quadradic
> term we will end up just as slow as in the first case
> and third case.
>
> Third case : b's clock will move faster that a's on the
> outward voyage and muuuuch slower than a's on the way
> back, and again, in total, because the gamma factor has
> a quadradic term we will end up just as slow as in the
> first case and in the second case.
>
> So no matter what case you choose : because there is
> acceleration on the return point, the speed wrt to
> absolute frame changes, and because of the quadratic
> gamma factor, two way voyages always make the returning
> twin age more, if not on the outward track, then it is
> on the inbound track, or on both tracks. The
> instantaneous clock rate is decided by the speed wrt to
> the absolute frame,

Yes that has been explained in a number of papers, even the first one
on that topic.

> the average mass distribution of the universe.

That is your hypothesis; if we postulate that matter started out "in
rest", then conservation of momentum tells us that your hypothesis
should be correct.

> SR-ians can make funny claims,

What are "SR-ians"? Do you mean people who used to be described as
"geometers" in journals such as Nature?

> and so can I, because
> there is no way of verifying this, without Faster Than
> Light transmission, which SR-ians exclude from their
> theory, mainly because this would destroy SR, and
> secondly because they do not know what proper time
> exactly is.
> They think it is "speed of passage through time", while
> it actually is slowing the motion of objects and clocks
> by increasing inertia. A clock is an inertiameter, or an
> inertial field strength meter.

What is "inertial field strength"??

> If inertia becomes
> stronger, the escapement of your clock is harder to move
> back and forth, hence the clock slows.

"harder to move" isn't the best choice of words...

> Because this
> applies to any object moving in this higher inertia,

"in" inertia??

> we think this is "time" we are measuring, while in fact it
> does not much more than your freezer, alowing the motion
> of the molecules.

Good try, but probably too inaccurate to convince anyone.

Harald
From: Karl Heinz on
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:05:08 +0200