From: BURT on
On Nov 14, 2:10 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "kenseto" <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

> > On Nov 13, 4:44 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> >> "kenseto" <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

> >> There is no 'rubber ruler' in SR at all.  You clearly don't understand SR
> >> at
> >> all, yet feel compelled to make comments out of ignorance.
>
> > Sure there is....a ruler accelerated from the observer is contracted
> > but when it return it will recover it physical length.
>
> Its measured length is contracted .. returning to the same place doesn't
> make any difference to the measurement .. returning to the same velocity
> relative to the observer does
>
> > Sounds pretty
> > rubbery to me.
>
> There is no change in the ruler itself .. assuming it was a rigid body.  Of
> course, you do know that there is no such thing as a rigid body in reality.- Hide quoted text -

The contracting measuring rod is what Einstein said that space
contracted.

From: Inertial on
"BURT" <macromitch(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Nov 14, 2:10 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
>> "kenseto" <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

>> > Sure there is....a ruler accelerated from the observer is contracted
>> > but when it return it will recover it physical length.
>>
>> Its measured length is contracted .. returning to the same place doesn't
>> make any difference to the measurement .. returning to the same velocity
>> relative to the observer does
>>
>> > Sounds pretty
>> > rubbery to me.
>>
>> There is no change in the ruler itself .. assuming it was a rigid body.
>> Of
>> course, you do know that there is no such thing as a rigid body in
>> reality.- Hide quoted text -
>
> The contracting measuring rod is what Einstein said that space
> contracted.

There is no change in a ruler itself when it is moving .. differently moving
observers will measure different lengths for the same ruler. If the motion
of the ruler changes, different observers will say different things about
how the measurement of its length changed (some may say it is measured
longer, others shorter, some may say it is the same). However, any observer
that is comoving with the ruler will always get the largest measurement of
its length.

From: BURT on
On Nov 14, 2:55 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "BURT" <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Nov 14, 2:10 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> >> "kenseto" <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

> >> Its measured length is contracted .. returning to the same place doesn't
> >> make any difference to the measurement .. returning to the same velocity
> >> relative to the observer does

> >> There is no change in the ruler itself .. assuming it was a rigid body..
> >> Of
> >> course, you do know that there is no such thing as a rigid body in
> >> reality.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > The contracting measuring rod is what Einstein said that space
> > contracted.
>
> There is no change in a ruler itself when it is moving .. differently moving
> observers will measure different lengths for the same ruler.  If the motion
> of the ruler changes, different observers will say different things about
> how the measurement of its length changed (some may say it is measured
> longer, others shorter, some may say it is the same).  However, any observer
> that is comoving with the ruler will always get the largest measurement of
> its length.- Hide quoted text -

Relativity is a theory of simple appearences. It is invalid as
Einstein wrote it.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Inertial on

> On Nov 14, 2:55 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
>> "BURT" <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > The contracting measuring rod is what Einstein said that space
>> > contracted.
>>
>> There is no change in a ruler itself when it is moving .. differently
>> moving
>> observers will measure different lengths for the same ruler. If the
>> motion
>> of the ruler changes, different observers will say different things about
>> how the measurement of its length changed (some may say it is measured
>> longer, others shorter, some may say it is the same). However, any
>> observer
>> that is comoving with the ruler will always get the largest measurement
>> of
>> its length.- Hide quoted text -

> Relativity is a theory of simple appearences. It is invalid as
> Einstein wrote it.

Wrong

From: kenseto on
On Nov 14, 5:10 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "kenseto" <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

> > On Nov 13, 4:44 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> >> "kenseto" <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

> >> There is no 'rubber ruler' in SR at all.  You clearly don't understand SR
> >> at
> >> all, yet feel compelled to make comments out of ignorance.
>
> > Sure there is....a ruler accelerated from the observer is contracted
> > but when it return it will recover it physical length.
>
> Its measured length is contracted .. returning to the same place doesn't
> make any difference to the measurement .. returning to the same velocity
> relative to the observer does

No such measurement ever been made....in fact it is impossible to do
so. SR predicts length contraction mathematically and prediction is
not a measurement. The modern SR interpretation is that no physical
length (material length) contraction. The geometric projection of a
moving ruler is contracted.....much like a longer ladder can pass
through a narrow door way by orientation.
You really need to keep up with what SR is saying before you keep on
making a fool of yourself in these NGs.

Ken Seto