From: glird on
On Nov 12, 8:55 pm, mpc755 wrote:

>< Einstein had to say it was immaterial in order for Einstein to say "the idea of motion may not be applied to [aether]". Einstein had to say that or two frames of reference occupying the same three dimensional space would not have the aether at rest relative to both frames. What Einstein was incorrect about is two frames moving relative to one another in shared space cannot have the aether be motionless relative to both. It is physically impossible. >

Einstein did not say that the ether is immaterial. He said that we
can't assign the idea of motion to parts of it; which means that we
can't track the motion of individual portions. He was right about
that, but for a reason nobody pointed out: HIS aether was a
continuous compressible material NOT MADE OF or configured into
PARTICLES. (There is no way to track a portion of matter that is
easily dispersed into multiple directions, in each of which a smaller
portion of it flows.)

>< When you say everything is in the aether, that is exactly right.
Matter exists in the aether. Matter has displaced the aether which
would otherwise exist where the matter is. >

In my terms, "aether" (ether) denotes the continuous aspect of a
material field whether or not particles are part of that continuum. As
such, it IS matter; the one and only kind of matter that exists.
Particles are made of this space-filling material, which they do
displace by their presence.

>< Einstein also said the state of the aether is dependent on its connections to the matter and the state of the aether in the surrounding space. >

If we let "aether" denote only the continuous non-particulate aspect
of matter, and let its "state" denote its local density, then he was
right about that.

>< What is the 'state' of the aether and the 'state' of the surrounding aether if it isn't its state of displacement? >

The "states" of matter are solid, liquid and gaseous. If the word
"aether" includes particles, then THEY are what constitute those
states of matter. (Amorphous matter has no such states.)
It is well known that the state of a group of particles (atoms and
molecules) depends on their relations -- connections -- to each other;
and so does the condition -- density and pressure -- of the
intervening easily movable resistively-compressible etheric matter.

glird
From: mpc755 on
On Nov 13, 12:17 pm, glird <gl...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 8:55 pm, mpc755 wrote:
>

> >< Einstein had to say it was immaterial in order for Einstein to say "the idea of motion may not be applied to [aether]". Einstein had to say that or two frames of reference occupying the same three dimensional space would not have the aether at rest relative to both frames. What Einstein was incorrect about is two frames moving relative to one another in shared space cannot have the aether be motionless relative to both. It is physically impossible. >
>
>  Einstein did not say that the ether is immaterial.  He said that we
> can't assign the idea of motion to parts of it; which means that we
> can't track the motion of individual portions. He was right about
> that, but for a reason nobody pointed out:  HIS aether was a
> continuous compressible material NOT MADE OF or configured into
> PARTICLES.   (There is no way to track a portion of matter that is
> easily dispersed into multiple directions, in each of which a smaller
> portion of it flows.)
>
> >< When you say everything is in the aether, that is exactly right.
>
>  Matter exists in the aether. Matter has displaced the aether which
> would otherwise exist where the matter is. >
>
>   In my terms, "aether" (ether) denotes the continuous aspect of a
> material field whether or not particles are part of that continuum. As
> such, it IS matter; the one and only kind of matter that exists.
>  Particles are made of this space-filling material, which they do
> displace by their presence.
>
> >< Einstein also said the state of the aether is dependent on its connections to the matter and the state of the aether in the surrounding space. >
>
>  If we let "aether" denote only the continuous non-particulate aspect
> of matter, and let its "state" denote its local density, then he was
> right about that.
>
> >< What is the 'state' of the aether and the 'state' of the surrounding aether if it isn't its state of displacement? >
>
> The "states" of matter are solid, liquid and gaseous.  If the word
> "aether" includes particles, then THEY are what constitute those
> states of matter. (Amorphous matter has no such states.)
>  It is well known that the state of a group of particles (atoms and
> molecules) depends on their relations -- connections -- to each other;
> and so does the condition -- density and pressure -- of the
> intervening easily movable resistively-compressible etheric matter.
>
> glird

Exactly. A=mc^2, where A is aether. The effect the increase in volume
matter has when it transitions to aether is energy.
From: PD on
On Nov 13, 8:37 am, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 1:23 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
>
> > kenseto wrote:
> > > There is no time dilation.
> > > 1. Clocks in different frames runs at different rates.
>
> >    That IS time dilation!
>
> >    General relativity is a fruitful tool to predict time
> >    dilation agreeing with observations.
>
> Hey wormy that's not time dilation...

Um, yes, Ken it is. If you didn't know what time dilation meant in the
first place, you could start by admitting it.

From: PD on
On Nov 13, 9:04 am, john <vega...(a)accesscomm.ca> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 8:37 am, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:

> > >    That IS time dilation!
>
> > >    General relativity is a fruitful tool to predict time
> > >    dilation agreeing with observations.
>
> > Hey wormy that's not time dilation....that's GPS second containing
> > 4.15 more periods of Cs133 radiation to make the GPS second contains
> > the same amount of absolute time as the ground second.
>
> > Ken Seto
>
> Sam, I gotta agree with Ken.
>
> Time *has* to be the same everywhere.*

What makes you so sure you can make pronouncements about how nature
HAS to behave?

From: BURT on
On Nov 13, 6:17 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 11:04 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 12, 8:53 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
>
> > > "BURT" <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > We have measured it .. but not directly

> > > Who said there was?

> > > SR doesn't say that there is any flattening of atoms (thought LET does).

> > > SR doesn't say it does.  You really should try to understand what SR DOES
> > > say, and not what is written in popular articles and what crackpots think it
> > > means.- Hide quoted text -

> > If motion shrinks space and trains we need dircet evidence if you are
> > consididering proof.
>
> Well, first of all, science offers proof of nothing, so if you're
> looking for proof you're in the wrong zip code.

I don't need proof to see that flat atoms are wrong science. This
science is not a fact.

> Secondly, indirect evidence is among the best in science for a variety
> of reasons. Whether you believe it or not is not really the driving
> consideration.

What is the indirect evidence?

MItch Raemsch