From: PD on
On Nov 13, 1:17 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 6:17 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > If motion shrinks space and trains we need dircet evidence if you are
> > > consididering proof.
>
> > Well, first of all, science offers proof of nothing, so if you're
> > looking for proof you're in the wrong zip code.
>
> I don't need proof to see that flat atoms are wrong science. This
> science is not a fact.

Mitch, you can't decide what is fact and what is not fact based on
intuition and thinking.
The only way to tell -- and this is what science does -- is from
experimental evidence (direct and indirect).
You say flat atoms are impossible and inconceivable, but you can't
really KNOW that until you've done careful experimental tests to see
if that's really so. Nature is very surprising.

> > Secondly, indirect evidence is among the best in science for a variety
> > of reasons. Whether you believe it or not is not really the driving
> > consideration.
>
> What is the indirect evidence?

I've mentioned before the rapidity distributions of secondary
particles from hadron-hadron collisions in both fixed target and
collider experiments. This is explicitly looking at the very same
physical process from two different reference frames. The calorimeter
segmentation that assures uniform illumination across the rapidity
plateau is pretty clear support for length contraction.

From: BURT on
On Nov 13, 12:16 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 1:17 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Well, first of all, science offers proof of nothing, so if you're
> > > looking for proof you're in the wrong zip code.
>
> > I don't need proof to see that flat atoms are wrong science. This
> > science is not a fact.
>
> Mitch, you can't decide what is fact and what is not fact based on
> intuition and thinking.
> The only way to tell -- and this is what science does -- is from
> experimental evidence (direct and indirect).
> You say flat atoms are impossible and inconceivable, but you can't
> really KNOW that until you've done careful experimental tests to see
> if that's really so. Nature is very surprising.
>

> > > Secondly, indirect evidence is among the best in science for a variety
> > > of reasons. Whether you believe it or not is not really the driving
> > > consideration.
>
> > What is the indirect evidence?
>
> I've mentioned before the rapidity distributions of secondary
> particles from hadron-hadron collisions in both fixed target and
> collider experiments.

Secondary particles are seen to contract how?
I doubt this. There are no flat particles.

Mitch Raemsch

> This is explicitly looking at the very same
> physical process from two different reference frames. The calorimeter
> segmentation that assures uniform illumination across the rapidity
> plateau is pretty clear support for length contraction.

Mitch Raemsch

> > MItch Raemsch

I need
From: PD on
On Nov 13, 2:22 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 12:16 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I don't need proof to see that flat atoms are wrong science. This
> > > science is not a fact.
>
> > Mitch, you can't decide what is fact and what is not fact based on
> > intuition and thinking.
> > The only way to tell -- and this is what science does -- is from
> > experimental evidence (direct and indirect).
> > You say flat atoms are impossible and inconceivable, but you can't
> > really KNOW that until you've done careful experimental tests to see
> > if that's really so. Nature is very surprising.

You didn't seem to absorb the statement made above. You went on ahead
to simply state, without any evidence one way or the other, that
"there are no flat particles," as though just saying it makes it so.

> > > What is the indirect evidence?
>
> > I've mentioned before the rapidity distributions of secondary
> > particles from hadron-hadron collisions in both fixed target and
> > collider experiments.
>
> Secondary particles are seen to contract how?

The *distribution* of the secondary particles are seen to contract.
You can google "calorimeter pseudorapidity segmentation" if you'd like
to do some initial contact.

> I doubt this. There are no flat particles.'

This is the statement you simply cannot make without the benefit of
experimental evidence, Mitch. That's my point.

From: BURT on
On Nov 13, 12:28 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2:22 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Mitch, you can't decide what is fact and what is not fact based on
> > > intuition and thinking.
> > > The only way to tell -- and this is what science does -- is from
> > > experimental evidence (direct and indirect).
> > > You say flat atoms are impossible and inconceivable, but you can't
> > > really KNOW that until you've done careful experimental tests to see
> > > if that's really so. Nature is very surprising.
>
> You didn't seem to absorb the statement made above. You went on ahead
> to simply state, without any evidence one way or the other, that
> "there are no flat particles," as though just saying it makes it so.

> > > I've mentioned before the rapidity distributions of secondary
> > > particles from hadron-hadron collisions in both fixed target and
> > > collider experiments.
>
> > Secondary particles are seen to contract how?
>
> The *distribution* of the secondary particles are seen to contract.
> You can google "calorimeter pseudorapidity segmentation" if you'd like
> to do some initial contact.
>
> > I doubt this. There are no flat particles.'
>
> This is the statement you simply cannot make without the benefit of
> experimental evidence, Mitch. That's my point.
>

> > Mitch Raemsch
>
> > > This is explicitly looking at the very same
> > > physical process from two different reference frames. The calorimeter
> > > segmentation that assures uniform illumination across the rapidity
> > > plateau is pretty clear support for length contraction.
>
> > Mitch Raemsch

> > I need- Hide quoted text -

But you are wrong. Indirect evidence is not conclusive.

The forms of the universe cannot contract. I want to know if there
evidence that they expand?

Mitch Raemsch
From: PD on
On Nov 13, 2:52 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 12:28 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > You didn't seem to absorb the statement made above. You went on ahead
> > to simply state, without any evidence one way or the other, that
> > "there are no flat particles," as though just saying it makes it so.

> > > Secondary particles are seen to contract how?
>
> > The *distribution* of the secondary particles are seen to contract.
> > You can google "calorimeter pseudorapidity segmentation" if you'd like
> > to do some initial contact.
>
> > > I doubt this. There are no flat particles.'
>
> > This is the statement you simply cannot make without the benefit of
> > experimental evidence, Mitch. That's my point.
>
> > > Mitch Raemsch

> > > Mitch Raemsch

> > > I need- Hide quoted text -

> But you are wrong. Indirect evidence is not conclusive.

I'm sorry, Mitch, but much of what we know scientifically comes from
indirect evidence.
It's a shame you didn't know that.

> The forms of the universe cannot contract.

And how do you KNOW that?