From: Terry on
Thanks.... X'd fingers now grhhhhhhhhhh, I
will post back on conclusion

Terry

"PA Bear" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ah, it's a Hotmail account!
>
> Terry, we're told that this is being caused by a .NET Passport problem and
> that they're working on a fix. The usual workaround is to close and
reopen
> OE. YMMV.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Terry wrote:
> > The error box has "details" tab, seen as follows:
> >
> > Configuration:
> > Account: Hotmail
> > Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp
> > User name: (my user name in here)
> > Protocol: HTTPMail
> > Port: 0
> > Secure(SSL): 0
> > Code: 800ccc19
> >
> > Terry
> >
> > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Post the complete error message.
> > >
> > > Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
> > > additional protection, it may be causing the problem, and even
Symantec

From: Jim Pickering on
In those cases, try logging on via the web at www.hotmail.com and sign in.
It's almost always a problem with Hotmail servers and not with Outlook
Express.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=F9F51EF1-4AE3-4D23-B2D8-1171988A62D6

From: Terry on
Jim
Thanks..I had tried earlier with hotmail...no joy, but ON OK just now
!!!!!!!!
Terry

From: Jim Pickering on
The servers are experiencing some difficulty for the past few weeks (some
would say years) but often the web is the only way to check it. Thanks for
the feedback.

From: Sue on
I've had this same problem since Wed afternoon when trying to use my Outlook
to reply. I had no problems sending through Hotmail--but that is too slow
and a pain. I finally contacted support through "chat" this morning. I was
told "maintenance" is being performed on the servers and they are working to
solve the problem.

Here's a question for you Techies. When I asked where on MSN support this
information would be posted, I was told that not everyone was having the
problem, therefore, it wouldn't be reported on the "trouble" site.
Okay....so I asked if there was another port I could change to (my settings
are now set to access port 25); I was told that MSN only used one port and
basically I was SOL until the problem was fixed. Now, Logic tells me, if not
everyone is having this problem, there must be more than one port. Correct
me if I'm wrong? Am I thinking to logical for computer stuff? Thanks!
--
Sue