From: David Wilkinson on
Scott McPhillips [MVP] wrote:
> From time to time over the years my then-favorite pub has closed. But
> there are always more pubs :)

Scott:

I am from England, so I know what you mean.

But now I live in the US, where the closing of a good pub (aka bar) is a more
serious matter. My local bar burned down a few years ago, and life hasn't been
the same since.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
From: David Wilkinson on
Cholo Lennon wrote:
> Currently I'm using "news.aioe.org", a free news server, for accessing
> down microsoft groups like microsoft.public.es.vc or
> microsoft.public.vc.language.
>
> I hope people like you continue posting here, there and everywhere :-)

Cholo:

Yes, I will subscribe on eternal-september (such a neat name!), though I confess
that I have largely thrown in the towel to the forums.

Try the NNTP access; it's pretty good now.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
From: Tom Serface on
Yes the party continues on the forums, although, they are not as easy to do
threaded conversations. The momentum is picking up there.

Tom

From: RB on
I certainly hope so. I owe much to all of you guys for having
the patience to help a foo bar like me who just wants to learn
program. This group has been excellent and the teachers here
are all of the best caliber.
RB

From: David Webber on

"Tom Serface" <tom(a)camaswood.com> wrote in message

> Yes the party continues on the forums, although, they are not as easy to
> do threaded conversations. The momentum is picking up there.

I seem to wait ages while the little green bar expands slooooooowly across
the bottom of the browser :-(

The newsgroups are instant by comparison :-(

Dave

--
David Webber
Mozart Music Software