From: David Wilkinson on
David Webber wrote:
> I seem to wait ages while the little green bar expands slooooooowly
> across the bottom of the browser :-(
>
> The newsgroups are instant by comparison :-(

David:

Try the NNTP access to the forums. Jochen has done a terrific job with it.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
From: ab` on
Not to ask a dumb question, but what's the new forum for MFC?

From: Peter Olcott on
On 6/5/2010 2:35 PM, ab` wrote:

> Not to ask a dumb question, but what's the new forum for MFC?

>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vcgeneral/
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vclanguage/
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvc/
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcmfcatl/
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcpluslanguage/

It would seem that the last item on this list is the closest
approximation. I went there last night and almost no one is there.
From: Stephen Wolstenholme on
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 12:35:45 -0700, ab` <ab(a)absent.com> wrote:

>Not to ask a dumb question, but what's the new forum for MFC?

The newsgroup won't go away when MS close their NNTP server though
there may be a few less posts. There are many other servers that
propagate the newsgroup.

Steve

EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com
From: ab` on
The VS 2010 trial was just uninstalled. I'm happy to report that VS
2008 appears to be unaffected.