From: David Wilkinson on
Friends:

The long awaited demise of the microsoft NNTP servers is upon us. vc.language
disappeared today, though this vc.mfc still seems alive for the moment.

Hopefully, these microsoft.public groups will live on at other servers like
Eternal-September:

http://www.eternal-september.org/

Or there are the VC MSDN forums at

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vcgeneral/
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vclanguage/
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvc/
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcmfcatl/
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcpluslanguage/

all of which can now be accessed quite well via NNTP, using MVP Jochen
Kalmbach's excellent upgrading of the NNTP-bridge:

<http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/>

Best wishes to all the great friends I have met here over the years!!

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
From: Charles L. Brown on
Ave atque vale. Thanks all for the help and entertainment.

Charlie

From: Scott McPhillips [MVP] on
From time to time over the years my then-favorite pub has closed. But there
are always more pubs :)

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

From: Cholo Lennon on
On 04/06/2010 06:34, David Wilkinson wrote:
> Friends:
>
> The long awaited demise of the microsoft NNTP servers is upon us.
> vc.language disappeared today, though this vc.mfc still seems alive for
> the moment.
>
> Hopefully, these microsoft.public groups will live on at other servers
> like Eternal-September:
>
> http://www.eternal-september.org/
>
> Or there are the VC MSDN forums at
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vcgeneral/
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vclanguage/
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvc/
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcmfcatl/
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcpluslanguage/
>
> all of which can now be accessed quite well via NNTP, using MVP Jochen
> Kalmbach's excellent upgrading of the NNTP-bridge:
>
> <http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/>
>
> Best wishes to all the great friends I have met here over the years!!

Currently I'm using "news.aioe.org", a free news server, for accessing
down microsoft groups like microsoft.public.es.vc or
microsoft.public.vc.language.

I hope people like you continue posting here, there and everywhere :-)

Best regards

--
Cholo Lennon
Bs.As.

From: Giovanni Dicanio on
I hope we can all meet on other places like the VC MSDN forums.

Giovanni