From: Peter Olcott on
On 6/6/2010 6:33 AM, RB wrote:

> Is it difficult to setup the NNTP access ?
> Is there an instruction page link?

It looks like you might have to log in first to get to this link.
https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=927
From: David Wilkinson on
RB wrote:

> Is it difficult to setup the NNTP access ?
> Is there an instruction page link?

1. Get a Live ID if you do not have one

2. Register with the forums at

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/

3. In "My Settings", make sure "Use NNTP Bridge" is selected

4. Go to

http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

to download the Community Bridge application.

5. Follow the instructions. In your newsreader, the "server" will be 127.0.0.1
and the port will be 119 (though you can change it in the bridge settings).

Still a work in progress, but it works well now. Enjoy!

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
From: Hector Santos on
David, get wcLEX - by a real MAIL SYSTEM and INTERNET PROTOCOL
DEVELOPER. <grin>

SSI is please announce wcLEX - Wildcat! Live Exchange!, a free NNTP
Proxy Server for the Microsoft Web-based Mail Support Forums.

With wcLEX, Microsoft Users and Developers can continue to enjoy using
their News Reader for accessing the new mail groups.

Please use this support newsgroup

to report any issues or to make suggestions.

You can download wcLEX from here:

http://opensite.winserver.com/wclex/wclex-1-0a-setup.msi
http://opensite.winserver.com/wclex/wclex-1-0a-setup.zip

--