From: piotrekwas on
On Mar 17, 5:35 pm, Allen <all...(a)austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Savageduck wrote:

> >> ack here.

> >> Thank you guys and good to know about that problems with some
> >> browsers. I checked the website mostly on computers wiht Firefox and
> >> IE.
>
> > It works just fine on a Mac with Safari.
>
> I would like to look at piotr's pictures, but with Firefox 3.6 and Win 7
>        I cannot bring up anything. When I click on one of the pictures I
> get a black box with "done" in the lower left had corner; clicking on a
> category name gives the same result. Any suggetions?
> Allen

I also have Firefox 3.6 and Win7 and works fine. Maybe problem is that
you don't have flash, since the galleries are in flash. But I'm not
sure.
From: Peter Huebner on
In article <a7mdnXiROKSZoDzWnZ2dnUVZ_radnZ2d(a)giganews.com>,
allent(a)austin.rr.com says...
> I would like to look at piotr's pictures, but with Firefox 3.6 and Win 7
> I cannot bring up anything. When I click on one of the pictures I
> get a black box with "done" in the lower left had corner; clicking on a
> category name gives the same result. Any suggetions?
> Allen

Try installing Opera10 and then the Adobe Flash player plugin. That's
the setup that worked for me.

I deliberately keep Firefox tightly secured because a lot of the flash
based highly animated ads can trigger migraines. One reason why I
despise (flash)... it gets used to bypass adblockers way too much these
days ... not to mention that it's usually much more data-intensive AND
often considerably slower for displaying pictures than html.

-P.
From: Allen on
Savageduck wrote:
> On 2010-03-17 10:24:57 -0700, piotrekwas <piotrekwas(a)interia.pl> said:
>
>> On Mar 15, 4:10 pm, Peter Huebner <no....(a)this.address> wrote:
>>> In article <hnm2o8$l7...(a)usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu>,
>>> zekfr...(a)zekfrivolous.com says...

>> ack here.

>>> <nods> I hate flash based websites ... I finally managed to get it to
>>> work by using another browser than my 'everyday' one, which is heavily
>>> secured.
>>>
>>> Great photography, I must say :-) Very very nice indeed.
>>>
>>> Makes me feel envious -- no way I'd be able to lug this decaying carcass
>>> into the places where one would get some of those landscape shots.
>>>
>>> -P.
>>
>> Thank you guys and good to know about that problems with some
>> browsers. I checked the website mostly on computers wiht Firefox and
>> IE.
>
> It works just fine on a Mac with Safari.

The answer is C: All of the above.
Allen
From: Allen on
piotrekwas wrote:
> On Mar 17, 5:35 pm, Allen <all...(a)austin.rr.com> wrote:
>> Savageduck wrote:
>>> It works just fine on a Mac with Safari.
>> I would like to look at piotr's pictures, but with Firefox 3.6 and Win 7
>> I cannot bring up anything. When I click on one of the pictures I
>> get a black box with "done" in the lower left had corner; clicking on a
>> category name gives the same result. Any suggetions?
>> Allen
>
> I also have Firefox 3.6 and Win7 and works fine. Maybe problem is that
> you don't have flash, since the galleries are in flash. But I'm not
> sure.
I thought Flash was loaded on my machine, but another program required
me to install it. I am now able to look at your work, and I really
enjoyed seeing it.
Allen