From: John H Meyers on
In a previous episode:

> I added a new address to the nickname...

In the address book, a "nickname" (the name of an address book entry)
can contain multiple addresses, and "nndbase.nnt" is a file
containing only address book data.

I'm afraid I misled myself, picturing that this was an address book issue :)

A good diagnostician, however, like Dr. Gregory House,
should always keep an open mind and a wider perspective --
in fact, I have never seen an episode where the patient had
whatever everyone thought when that patient first arrived,
and even Dr. House doesn't seem to come up with the real solution
until nearly the very end of every whole hour :)

Thanks for visiting the Eudora Welty Memorial Hospital,
and drop by again any time to let us know how you're doing.

By the way, the Outpatient Department still has that "special"
on a free, younger, stronger body -- version 7.1,
at http://eudora.com/download

From: Accomac on
On Jun 4, 11:09 am, John H Meyers <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> In a previous episode:
>
> > I added a new address to the nickname...
>
> In the address book, a "nickname" (the name of an address book entry)
> can contain multiple addresses, and "nndbase.nnt" is a file
> containing only address book data.
>
> I'm afraid I misled myself, picturing that this was an address book issue :)
>
> A good diagnostician, however, like Dr. Gregory House,
> should always keep an open mind and a wider perspective --
> in fact, I have never seen an episode where the patient had
> whatever everyone thought when that patient first arrived,
> and even Dr. House doesn't seem to come up with the real solution
> until nearly the very end of every whole hour :)
>
> Thanks for visiting the Eudora Welty Memorial Hospital,
> and drop by again any time to let us know how you're doing.
>
> By the way, the Outpatient Department still has that "special"
> on a free, younger, stronger body -- version 7.1,
> athttp://eudora.com/download
>
> --

John,

The reason I use the older version of Eudora is that it supports the
my version of PGP and the necessary plug-ins for the toolbar. I don't
want to upgrade to 7.1 only to find I have to upgrade PGP as well. But
thanks for reminding me it's there, I love the program.

Cheers,

Accomac
From: John H Meyers on
From: John H Meyers on
Info I neglected to append about PGP:

Fully functional, personal PGP is still available at no cost:

http://www.pgp.com/downloads/desktoptrial/desktoptrial2.html

Even though some "trial version registration info" is supplied,
AFAIAA it has never been necessary to enter it into the product,
since all free, personal-use features are enabled without bothering,
and never expire.

PGP System requirements (as of version 9.10):
https://pgp.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1356/~/pgp-desktop-9.10-system-requirements-(windows)

Version 8 is still available for older systems.

If your existing version has the "current window" and "clipboard" functions,
there would be no need to update it anyway -- it's always possible
to manage with even old versions, and still need no Eudora plugin.