From: Bert Hyman on
In news:soi0q5tl2rutrmgmo7ctan31t3ci8cr5cr(a)4ax.com Walt Bilofsky
<bilofsky(a)toolworks.com> wrote:

> So I got off the chat, fired up Turbo Tax 2009 Deluxe, and downloaded
> my 1099-INT, 1099-DIV and stock sales from one of my financial
> partners, just like Dinesh Raj said Deluxe couldn't do.

I don't use "Premier" either, but I got the impression that the feature
being touted was an ability to determine your basis for stock and mutual
fund sales.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: Oilcan on
I don't think he is dishonest. He didn't give you "Saves you time by
downloading your investment info directly from participating financial
institutions" as a reason to upgrade. Did the man understand your
question "what does Premier do, with loss carryover and downloading from
financial institutions, that Deluxe does not already do?"? He answer
was focusing on the non-stock transactions that can also go on the form
with his response "for your kind information if you have any rental
property, capital investments" and I take his "no" to be in response to
capital investments. The definition of a capital investment is money
invested in a business venture with an expectation of income, and
recovered through earnings generated by the business over several years.
It is generally understood to be used for capital expenditure than for
day-to-day operations (working capital) or other expenses. He stated
this was not downloadable and I have to believe him.

Even with that said his response it's still just a pitch to upgrade.