From: M. M�ller on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:22:11 -0700, ToddAndMargo
<ToddAndMargo(a)invalid.com> wrote:

>For security purposes, we want them on the same
>account (it is a long story).

see no advantage in letting two people use one account.. so *if*
something bad happens, you never know which one of the two did it.

greetings,

marcel
From: Rob on
ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo(a)invalid.com> wrote:
> On 03/27/2010 01:30 AM, Rob wrote:
>> ToddAndMargo<ToddAndMargo(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>>> I have a client who uses our TS. They have two computers.
>>> (Vista home 64 bit -- ye gads!). When they exit their app,
>>> Terminal Services Manager shows them as "disconnected".
>>
>> Maybe you could teach them how to really exit their app,
>> instead of merely disconnecting from it?
>
> They do "File", "Exit". The connection then goes from "active"
> to "disconnected". I thought this was normal behaviour.
>
> What am I missing?

This is not normal. It happens when you close the program with
the close box, but not with the Exit function.

When you exit the program it should cleanly shut down and not
present you the option to reconnect when you come back.
From: ToddAndMargo on
On 03/28/2010 01:50 AM, M. M�ller wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:22:11 -0700, ToddAndMargo
> <ToddAndMargo(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> For security purposes, we want them on the same
>> account (it is a long story).
>
> see no advantage in letting two people use one account.. so *if*
> something bad happens, you never know which one of the two did it.
>
> greetings,
>
> marcel

Hi Marcel,

They both share the same desktop, where the shared file
they both use is stored.

If the users are able to see any other users files,
we could get our butts in real legal trouble.

Don't particularity care which one screws it up. I will
just restore from backup and the two users can fight it out
amongst themselves. (Cobian Backup: great stuff!)

-T
From: jolteroli on
fSingleSessionPerUser? Problem solved!

-jolt

From: Vera Noest on
Rob <nomail(a)example.com> wrote on 28 mar 2010 in
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

> ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe you could teach them how to really exit their app,
>>> instead of merely disconnecting from it?
>>
>> They do "File", "Exit". The connection then goes from "active"
>> to "disconnected". I thought this was normal behaviour.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>
> This is not normal. It happens when you close the program with
> the close box, but not with the Exit function.
>
> When you exit the program it should cleanly shut down and not
> present you the option to reconnect when you come back.

Yes, it should, but sometimes it won't. Read more here:

User sessions don't logoff when users quit their starting or
published application
http://ts.veranoest.net/ts_faq_applications.htm#logoffsession

Vera Noest
Remote Desktop Services troubleshooting