From: ToddAndMargo on
WS08-R2

Hi All,

I have a client who uses our TS. They have two computers.
(Vista home 64 bit -- ye gads!). When they exit their app,
Terminal Services Manager shows them as "disconnected".
They use the same account and logon.

Problem: if both of them have logged in on the same day,
then both disconnect, when one goes to relogon, they get
a prompt as to which one of the two session they want to
use. And somehow, they manager to mess things up.

Is there a way around this prompt? Can I set the TS such
that it just automatically pick the oldest disconnected
session?

Many thanks,
-T
From: Rob on
ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo(a)invalid.com> wrote:
> I have a client who uses our TS. They have two computers.
> (Vista home 64 bit -- ye gads!). When they exit their app,
> Terminal Services Manager shows them as "disconnected".

Maybe you could teach them how to really exit their app,
instead of merely disconnecting from it?
From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
Give each user (=person) a unique account.
Vera Noest
MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
RDS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net

ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo(a)invalid.com> wrote on 27 mar 2010 in
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

From: ToddAndMargo on
On 03/27/2010 01:30 AM, Rob wrote:
> ToddAndMargo<ToddAndMargo(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>> I have a client who uses our TS. They have two computers.
>> (Vista home 64 bit -- ye gads!). When they exit their app,
>> Terminal Services Manager shows them as "disconnected".
>
> Maybe you could teach them how to really exit their app,
> instead of merely disconnecting from it?

They do "File", "Exit". The connection then goes from "active"
to "disconnected". I thought this was normal behaviour.

What am I missing?

-T
From: ToddAndMargo on
On 03/27/2010 01:03 PM, Vera Noest [MVP] wrote:
> Give each user (=person) a unique account.

Hi Vera,

For security purposes, we want them on the same
account (it is a long story).

-T