From: Tom Serface on
The only thing I don't like about C# is no #define macros. I miss that
feature from C++.

Tom

From: Tom Serface on
Yeah I know. Really the same object though.

From: David Ching on

"Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanni.dicanio(a)invalid.com> wrote in message

>> There is an IDE setting in the General project page that you can set this
>> in a combobox. No need to type any of these #defines anymore.
>
> If the OP is using VC6 (like I read in the first post), I think he must
> use the #defines.
>
> This Mihai's blog entry can help:
>
> Visual Studio Unicode projects
> http://www.mihai-nita.net/article.php?artID=20060723a

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. Yet another small but meaningful
omission in VC6 that makes it non-optimal these days.

-- David

From: David Ching on

<Bob Moore> wrote in message
>>There is an IDE setting in the General project page that you can set this
>>in
>>a combobox. No need to type any of these #defines anymore.
>
> I just went and looked. You mean Configuration Properties ~ General ~
> Character Set ?
>
> I didn't know that existed. Thanks for pointing this out.

You're welcome Bob. As Giovanni pointed out, Mihai explained it much better
also.

-- David

From: David Wilkinson on
David Ching wrote:
> "Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanni.dicanio(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>>> There is an IDE setting in the General project page that you can set this
>>> in a combobox. No need to type any of these #defines anymore.
>> If the OP is using VC6 (like I read in the first post), I think he must
>> use the #defines.
>>
>> This Mihai's blog entry can help:
>>
>> Visual Studio Unicode projects
>> http://www.mihai-nita.net/article.php?artID=20060723a
>>

> Yes, thanks for pointing that out. Yet another small but meaningful
> omission in VC6 that makes it non-optimal these days.

David:

Yes, but you only have to do it once. It's not like the constant annoyance of
fighting the "Add Control Variable" wizard in the "new" IDE.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP