From: Phildo on

"Rupert" <foodsteaks(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Apr 4, 6:12 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>You haven't heard K1 then if you're comparing high end lines. Meyer's
>flagship line is weaker in comparison in terms of throw, LF extension
>and HF clarity. Not saying Meyer is bad by any means as it's very
>good, but the K1 is really something to hear.

The new Martin system looks very interesting though and at first look seems
pretty revolutionary.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> some get close but nothing beats Meyer IMO

D&B is equal if not better.

Phildo

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message

> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> some get close but nothing beats Meyer IMO
>
> D&B is equal if not better.
>
> Phildo not better and then only when talking Line arrays, I do not like
> the sound of line arrays, I should have pointed out that I have never
> heard anything better than a good point source,(not a shitty one like the
> 850s) the L'acoustics traps were quite good but give me a TMS 3 or Msl3
> over any line array anyday
George

From: Phildo on

> "Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> some get close but nothing beats Meyer IMO
>>
>> D&B is equal if not better.
>>
>> Phildo not better and then only when talking Line arrays, I do not like
>> the sound of line arrays, I should have pointed out that I have never
>> heard anything better than a good point source,(not a shitty one like the
>> 850s) the L'acoustics traps were quite good but give me a TMS 3 or Msl3
>> over any line array anyday

Listen to a D&B conventional system and you'll hear what I mean. Every bit
the equal of Meyer. Their J series line array is the canine testicular but
their conventional boxes were always bloody good as well.

Phildo

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> D&B is equal if not better.
>>>
>>> Phildo not better and then only when talking Line arrays, I do not like
>>> the sound of line arrays, I should have pointed out that I have never
>>> heard anything better than a good point source,(not a shitty one like
>>> the 850s) the L'acoustics traps were quite good but give me a TMS 3 or
>>> Msl3 over any line array anyday
>
> Listen to a D&B conventional system and you'll hear what I mean. Every bit
> the equal of Meyer. Their J series line array is the canine testicular but
> their conventional boxes were always bloody good as well.
>
> Phildo

we have had those used for a bunch of the country acts I did last summer,
seemed pretty ok, much better than eaw but not something I would choose over
Meyer, but still all in all very useable