From: lacro on
Still the same results after your > instructions for an "advanced" USB
driver install on WindowsXP/2k <

I would like to address the "regional settings" issue first, as I don't
think it's a weird suggestion... although I'm afraid its already set in
US/English... (but customized with a few minor changes like Argentina
for Location), and understanding you meant the Regional and Language
options of Windows XP from the Control Panel...

Now, when I checked your "critical lines" where HPx9G2k.sys (not
HPx9G+.sys) is referenced, I did find the first one, but instead of the
second, the file reads
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;win2k & winxp
[HPx9G+.Install.NTx86]
AddReg=HPx9G+.AddReg.NTx86
CopyFiles=HPx9G+.Files.Driver.NTx86
DriverVer=01/03/2004,1.2

[HPx9G+.AddReg.NTx86]
HKR,,DevLoader,,*ntkern
HKR,,NTMPDriver,,HPx9G2k.sys

[HPx9G+.Files.Driver.NTx86]
HPx9G2k.sys

[HPx9G+.Install.NTx86.Services]
AddService=HPx9G+,%SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%,HPx9G+.Service

[HPx9G+.Service]
DisplayName = %HPx9G+.ServiceName%
ServiceType = 1 ; SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER
StartType = 3 ; SERVICE_DEMAND_START
ErrorControl = 1 ; SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL
ServiceBinary = %12%\HPx9G2k.sys
LoadOrderGroup = Base

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Don't worry. I thought so, and made sure checking first every OEMxx.INF
file associated to each OEMxx.PNF, before deleting them.

You guessed right once more. The hated pop up message appeared after
the the Conn4x 2.3.2439 setup and the plugged in calc turned on.

In my home PC, my user (myself) have the same rights of the
Administrator.

Regards, Carlos

From: horszowski on
What is the difference between Conn4x 2.3.2439 and Conn4x 2.2 2353?
Is it worthwhile upgrading?

Thanks

Luis

From: mats on
horszowski(a)gmail.com wrote:
> What is the difference between Conn4x 2.3.2439 and Conn4x 2.2 2353?
I can only see "cosmetic" differences, like improved multi-language
support (fixed previous 2.3.xxxx builds), but nothing important.
USB-driver is still the same (1.2 - 01/03/2004).

> Is it worthwhile upgrading?
no - "never change a winning team/running system"...!
From: mats on
lacro wrote:
> Still the same results after your > instructions for an "advanced" USB
> driver install on WindowsXP/2k <
try it again in different variations:
a) copy the folder C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Conn4x\USBDriver to
a different place on the harddisk (e.g. C:\Driver) and use this folder
in step 10.
b) after step 2: copy the file HPx9G.inf to C:\Windows\inf and
HPx9G2k.sys to C:\Windows\system32\drivers. Instead of step 9 and 10
click Continue (select the "HPx9G+ DEVICE" from the drivers list).
Windows will ask for driver-disk (location of HPx9G2k.sys), navigate to
C:\Windows\system32\drivers.

> I would like to address the "regional settings" issue first, as I don't
> think it's a weird suggestion... although I'm afraid its already set in
> US/English... (but customized with a few minor changes like Argentina
> for Location), and understanding you meant the Regional and Language
> options of Windows XP from the Control Panel...
yes...

I don't know of any more options. I could mail you a reg-file if you
want to mess with the registry but...
format c:-)
From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
mats wrote:
> lacro wrote:
>> Still the same results after your > instructions for an "advanced"
>> USB driver install on WindowsXP/2k <
> try it again in different variations:
> a) copy the folder C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Conn4x\USBDriver
> to a different place on the harddisk (e.g. C:\Driver) and use this
> folder in step 10.
> b) after step 2: copy the file HPx9G.inf to C:\Windows\inf and
> HPx9G2k.sys to C:\Windows\system32\drivers. Instead of step 9 and 10
> click Continue (select the "HPx9G+ DEVICE" from the drivers list).
> Windows will ask for driver-disk (location of HPx9G2k.sys), navigate
> to C:\Windows\system32\drivers.

I did sometihing like that,
but I can't remember which version of the drivers (and software)
nor if it was on Win98 or WinXP