From: lacro on
I've been willing to update to 2.09 (from 2.08). Can anyone help me out
with this issue?

I've already checked Bill Graves procedure from a month ago to the
detail, without success. The first thing I want to do is upgrade my new
50G before anything else, and I couldn't make it for the last couple of
evenings.

After endless loops recquiring me these drivers that seem not to
install, although they are properly located, and were conveniently
unisntalled and installed again accordingly, a message box still pops
up, saying,
Cannot Install this Hardware
There was a problem installing this hardware
HPx9G+ DEVICE
An error occurred during the installation of the device
The Systema cannot find the the file specified.
Click finish to close the wizard.
I even got the ConKit to communicate somehow, because the Device
Manager says there is no driver installed.

Any suggestion is welcome. I couldn't find any other valuable
reference.

Regards, Carlos

From: Giancarlo on

On Oct 11, 6:42 am, "lacro" <carlos.lacr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been willing to update to 2.09 (from 2.08). Can anyone help me out
> with this issue?
>
> I've already checked Bill Graves procedure from a month ago to the
> detail, without success. The first thing I want to do is upgrade my new
> 50G before anything else, and I couldn't make it for the last couple of
> evenings.
>
> After endless loops recquiring me these drivers that seem not to
> install, although they are properly located, and were conveniently
> unisntalled and installed again accordingly, a message box still pops
> up, saying,
> Cannot Install this Hardware
> There was a problem installing this hardware
> HPx9G+ DEVICE
> An error occurred during the installation of the device
> The Systema cannot find the the file specified.
> Click finish to close the wizard.
> I even got the ConKit to communicate somehow, because the Device
> Manager says there is no driver installed.
>
> Any suggestion is welcome. I couldn't find any other valuable
> reference.
>
> Regards, Carlos

Hi Carlos.
You may find helpful to have a look at this thread:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_frm/thread/fea856d8f18cab28/961f7b3eaadda1dd?lnk=gst&q=upgrade+to+2.09&rnum=4#961f7b3eaadda1dd

In any case, I would recommend upgrading using an SD card - I did that
without any trouble.
Hope this helps.
Best regards.
Giancarlo

From: lacro on
Tks Giancarlo, although I couldn't find the answer in that thread (that
couldn't reach before either), and upgrading using an SD card is not an
option yet, until one month from now. Although it might be a cheap
solution, I spent a lot of taxes* to get the 50G into south america.
Besides, it should work the other way as well. I'm clearly doing
something wrong. As stated earlier, I've already followed Bill Graves
protocol.

*Let me point out here once more, Eric Rechlin services are world
class. I also had the chance to meet him when he was down here in
Argentina, on a job assignment.

Forgot to mention before my "HP 50g, 49g+ and 48gii Calculator PC
Connectivity Kit" (ConKit) version # from the CD was the Release 2434,
and after I tried it unsuccessfully (the USB drivers weren't
recognized), I unistalled it, and tried again with the official # 2439
from last Sep 1st, from the HP website... which seems to have the same
USB drivers included in order to solve the issue in only one step.
Well, it couldn't be solved that way either.

I'm eager to hear new suggestions in order to use my new 50G.

Cheers, Carlos

From: Giancarlo on

lacro wrote:
> Tks Giancarlo, although I couldn't find the answer in that thread (that
> couldn't reach before either), and upgrading using an SD card is not an
> option yet, until one month from now. Although it might be a cheap
> solution, I spent a lot of taxes* to get the 50G into south america.
> Besides, it should work the other way as well. I'm clearly doing
> something wrong. As stated earlier, I've already followed Bill Graves
> protocol.
>
> *Let me point out here once more, Eric Rechlin services are world
> class. I also had the chance to meet him when he was down here in
> Argentina, on a job assignment.
>
> Forgot to mention before my "HP 50g, 49g+ and 48gii Calculator PC
> Connectivity Kit" (ConKit) version # from the CD was the Release 2434,
> and after I tried it unsuccessfully (the USB drivers weren't
> recognized), I unistalled it, and tried again with the official # 2439
> from last Sep 1st, from the HP website... which seems to have the same
> USB drivers included in order to solve the issue in only one step.
> Well, it couldn't be solved that way either.
>
> I'm eager to hear new suggestions in order to use my new 50G.
>
> Cheers, Carlos
> On Oct 11, 5:30 am, "Giancarlo"
> <giancarlo.matti...(a)indesitcompany.com> wrote:
> > On Oct 11, 6:42 am, "lacro" <carlos.lacr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I've been willing to update to 2.09 (from 2.08). Can anyone help me out
> > > with this issue?
> >
> > > I've already checked Bill Graves procedure from a month ago to the
> > > detail, without success. The first thing I want to do is upgrade my new
> > > 50G before anything else, and I couldn't make it for the last couple of
> > > evenings.
> >
> > > After endless loops recquiring me these drivers that seem not to
> > > install, although they are properly located, and were conveniently
> > > unisntalled and installed again accordingly, a message box still pops
> > > up, saying,
> > > Cannot Install this Hardware
> > > There was a problem installing this hardware
> > > HPx9G+ DEVICE
> > > An error occurred during the installation of the device
> > > The Systema cannot find the the file specified.
> > > Click finish to close the wizard.
> > > I even got the ConKit to communicate somehow, because the Device
> > > Manager says there is no driver installed.
> >
> > > Any suggestion is welcome. I couldn't find any other valuable
> > > reference.
> >
> > > Regards, Carlos
>
> Hi Carlos.
>
> > You may find helpful to have a look at this thread:http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_frm/thread/f...
> >
> > In any case, I would recommend upgrading using an SD card - I did that
> > without any trouble.
> > Hope this helps.
> > Best regards.
> > Giancarlo- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Carlos,
the version of ConnKit I was able to get working is:
Version 2.2
Build 2353
That seems to be an earlier version compared to those you've already
run - why don't you give that a try?
Oh, by the way you can find it here:
http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/link/hpconnectivitykit.zip
All the best.
Giancarlo

From: horszowski on
"Downgrading" to the connectivity kit mentioned in the previous post
would be a good idea, another thing that has worked for me is when the
initial dialog box apears asking you to install the drivers, choose
manual as the method then direct windows to find the drivers in
C:\Program Files\Hewlett Packard\Conn4x\USB Driver

Luis