From: Jose on
On Jun 15, 5:54 am, "Man T" <alanpltse_NOS...(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
> this is my System Summary info:
>
> OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
> Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
> OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
> System Name
> System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
> System Model GA-MA790XT-UD4P
> System Type X86-based PC
> Processor x86 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2812 Mhz
> BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F4, 21/05/2009
> SMBIOS Version 2.4
> Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
> System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
> Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
> Locale United States
> Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
> User Name
> Time Zone AUS Eastern Standard Time
> Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB
> Available Physical Memory 2.16 GB
> Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
> Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
> Page File Space 5.09 GB
> Page File C:\pagefile.sys
>
> Device Manager:
> Yes, I got some yellow question marks in Device Manager:
> Other devices
> - Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
> - Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
>
> For the Universal Serial Bus controllers
> - Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
> - Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
> - Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
> - Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
> - Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
>
> It looks like my Windows did not detect USB 2.0 in my system.

That is not what it looks like to me.

It looks like your system drivers are out of date (this happens) and
XP is doing the best it can with the old stuff it has. I would not
count on the drivers being up to date on any system you bought from
the store or a system you put together yourself and don't trust any CD
that comes with it your system or motherboard to have the latest stuff
on it. Always go to the manufacturer site to see if there are updates
for you. In your case, there are.

If you do not see the word Enhanced in Device Manager, your drivers
are old and need to be updated (at least this is my experience).

Does this message indicating out of date USB divers look familiar?

This device can perform faster if it was connected to a high speed USB
2.0 device

A simple driver update will cure that problem.

It looks to me like you need to go to the Gigabyte support page, see
what their latest drivers and BIOS versions are, compare them to yours
and get your system current.

I would do the chipset drivers first, since some folks feel antsy
about updating the BIOS (your msinfo32 information says you are a few
versions behind).

XP Chipset drivers (and other drivers) for you are here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=3012&ost=xp#anchor_os

BIOS updates for you are here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3012

I can't do the legwork for you, but maybe somebody else will volunteer
to walk you through figuring it out.

Then when you are done, we can clean up your Device Manager of any
remaining warnings or errors so there are no warnings (yellows) at all
- and what a good feeling that will be.
From: Alan T on
Is that mean I have only 2 USB Port 2.0 and the rest 4 are USB 1.1?

From: Alan T on
> You install all the motherboard drivers?
> http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=3012&ost=xp#anchor_os

I guess I did install.

But will download the latest driver and install anyway.

Any special of installations?
Chip set, then, Audio then LAN ?

From: Man T on
Yes, deleted the USB entries under 'Yellow' question marks.
Reboot XP, then the 'Enhanced' USB are shown.

BTW, how do I know which 2 ports are USB 2.0?

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: updated install freezes
Next: cmos checksum error