From: JClark on
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:26:41 -0500, JClark <jclark(a)nomail.invalid>
wrote:

>So I'm back to reformatting and
>reinstalling!
Paul,
After reformatting and reinstalling Windows, I went back into the BIOS
and increased the Southbridge voltage to 1.35. Amazing difference.
This appears to have solved the problem. I've rebooted warm and cold,
with the mouse in IO USB connectors and in those cabled to
motherboard. Success each time!

You're a genius.

I must now post this response in the Asus forum.

There are some other quirky features of this board someone should
discuss elsewhere. For example, when a USB external drive is
connected, the BIOS automatically configures it as the first boot
device. You have to work around it. etc etc

Anyway, I can keep the board. Thanks again!

Jack
From: Paul on
JClark wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:26:41 -0500, JClark <jclark(a)nomail.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> So I'm back to reformatting and
>> reinstalling!
> Paul,
> After reformatting and reinstalling Windows, I went back into the BIOS
> and increased the Southbridge voltage to 1.35. Amazing difference.
> This appears to have solved the problem. I've rebooted warm and cold,
> with the mouse in IO USB connectors and in those cabled to
> motherboard. Success each time!
>
> You're a genius.
>
> I must now post this response in the Asus forum.
>
> There are some other quirky features of this board someone should
> discuss elsewhere. For example, when a USB external drive is
> connected, the BIOS automatically configures it as the first boot
> device. You have to work around it. etc etc
>
> Anyway, I can keep the board. Thanks again!
>
> Jack

Cool :-) Just a guess based on that other report of the
SATA having problems too.

Paul
From: Don Lope de Aguirre on
"Ross Ridge" <rridge(a)csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message
> The Asus P7P55D LE (and all P7P55Ds as near as I can tell) has an IDE
> connector but no floppy connector. That said, it would make a certain
> amount of sense to include a floppy connector but no IDE. Adding a floppy
> connector costs almost nothing since all Super I/O chips support it.
> Adding an IDE connector costs more because it requires adding another
> chip. Intel dropped support for IDE in its south bridges some time ago.

Oops, right you are, I don't use either IDE or floppy any more and only
glanced over it and for some reason thought it was a floppy connector (it's
dark in there). They can remove both of those as far as I am concerned but
still need PS2. I didn't know there are infrared sensors that use serial
either but I would think most people with htpc would have USB infrared
sensors.

From: Don Lope de Aguirre on
"GMAN" <winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.com> wrote in message
> Suck my cornhole

Oh no, Gman is also Chris Crocker, run for the hills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5MVp5WEY3U&feature=related

From: GMAN on
In article <0083c66f$0$8168$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com>, "Don Lope de Aguirre" <lost(a)amazon.invalid> wrote:
>"GMAN" <winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.com> wrote in message
>> Suck my cornhole
>

>Oh no, Gman is also Chris Crocker, run for the hills.
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5MVp5WEY3U&feature=related

Oh my god, what a weird video LOL!!!
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5