From: trryhend on

On Jan 12, 1:51 pm, trryh...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> FabX wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm trying to install Ubuntu 6.10 on my PC where I have:
> > - boot CD is slave on primary IDE
> > - HDD (where I like to have Ubuntu) is master on secondary IDE
>
> > Installation or Live Boot CD freezes at the beginning of the start
> > (I see the progress bar blocked).
>
> > I tried to have HDD as master on primary IDE and all worked good...
> > but this was only a test. I need to have Ubuntu on secondary IDE.
>
> > Is a Ubuntu bug?
> > Is there any solution?We need to use conventional language so that all can understand.
> e.g.

Sorry, this is what I should have said:

master on IDE-1 (The IDE device connected to the first IDE port that
is jumpered as "Master")
slave on IDE-1 (The IDE device connected to the first IDE port that
is jumpered as "Slave")

master on IDE-2 (The IDE device connected to the second IDE port that
is jumpered as "Master")
slave on IDE-2 (The IDE device connected to the second IDE port that
is jumpered as "Slave")
etc.

or something like this:

master HDD on IDE-1 (The IDE hard drive connected to the first IDE
port that is jumpered as "Master")
slave CDROM on IDE-1 (The IDE CDROM connected to the first IDE port
that is jumpered as "Slave")

master CDROM on IDE-2 (The IDE CDROM connected to the second IDE port
that is jumpered as "Master")
slave HDD on IDE-2 (The IDE hard drive connected to the second IDE