From: Steve Rindsberg on
> Why do I want to print from command prompt? Because I have a very important
> - but old - program, which makes and sends billings to a matrix printer - and
> 'yes' it is written in DOS. It works perfect from the old xp-computer - but
> nothing happens from the new computer.

So you have the same dot-matrix printer hooked up to the new parallel port on the new
PC, is that correct?

Check Device Manager to make sure that Windows properly recognizes the port and that
it's assigned to the same LPTx that you think it has been.

If so, copy /b to that port should work.

Another trick is to share the printer then

copy /b filename.ext PrinterShareName

From: Jens R. Rasmussen on
Thanks to both of you. You gave me some guidence. And now it works. What have
I done?

I simply uninstalle the port LPT3 and reinstalled it as LPT1 - and now it
works.

I almost dont dare to close close down the pc and restarts it. Hopefully the
succesfully reinstallation keeps on working.

And once again - thanks for you quick answers to me, a dummy in this stuff.

best regards
Jens
PS: If you happen to visit Copenhagen one day, I own you a beer :-)

From: Steve Rindsberg on
Hi Jens,

Hey, glad to hear that it worked. Can I transfer my Beer Credit to my brother? He gets
to Denmark every so often; he doesn't like beer generally but very happily makes an
exception for Danish beer.