From: n o s p a m p l e a s e on
I am unable to restore my computer from the recovery partition. When I
double click Tools\PCrestore I get the message below and nothing
happens.

"Access to \Tools\dp.sc was denied."

Could you please suggest me what I can do to restore this computer
from recovery partition?
From: (!) on

http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=192653

From: Ben Myers on
What I am about to say is no immediate help to you.

RESTORE PARTITIONS SUCK!!!!

I get a nice warm cuddly feeling from a Dell "Reinstallation CD", which is
nothing more than a standard everyday Microsoft Windows install CD except for a
file or two that identifies it as a Dell. Anyone and everyone should spend a
few extra bucks to buy the Reinstallation CD, either when placing an on-line
order or after buying a Dell in one of the many mass market outlets.

At least Dell offers the option to buy these things. Try that with HPaq,
Lenovo, Acer-eGateMachines, or any other name brand!

Y'all been warned... Ben Myers

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 21:51:08 -0700 (PDT), n o s p a m p l e a s e

From: Al on
I just got an HP d5000t computer from HP and was able to get Vista 64 bit
installation disk for about $15.00. In addition I was able to make 1 set of
startup disks from the recovery partition per HP's instructions.
Could not get the restore/recovery partition to work on my Dell Inspiron 530
either. Dell did eventually send me Vista 64 bit OS disks. We bought the
Dell computer from Best Buy with Vista 64 Bit and 6 Ghz RAM. Seems that you
can't get a 64 bit Dell system on line as an option.

From: WSZsr on
Sure you can!

http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/64bit_pcs?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=anavml