From: Twayne on
As always, drivers should ONLY be downloaded from the manufacturer's web
site. Even Microsoft screws up the driver situation more often than is any
way acceptable, even for their own products.

That's a bad omen though; they shouldn't be messing with trying to provide
anyone with drivers.

Thanks,

Twayne

In news:uLAQK03fKHA.5792(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
Kenny <me(a)privacy.net> typed:
> Don't know about their registry scan but their driver scan prompted
> me to install the wrong drivers for my Creative soundcard!
>
> Kenny Cargill
> "Twayne" <nobody(a)spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Just curious:
>> Has anyone checked out Winzip's "Uniblue RegistryBooster"?
>> I don't have the time to do an analysis of the product yet so
>> thought I'd see if there were any head-start opinions here. Well,
>> with the exception of the misinformationists anyway -
>> misinformationists need not respond. --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Twayne

Live in the moment;
be open to the possibilities
that life has to offer.

From: Twayne on
In news:O7lOsv5fKHA.5608(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
Peter Foldes <okf22(a)hotmail.com> typed:
> Twayne
>
> You know my answer Twayne and as usual we both differ in our belief
> on registry products
>

> "Uniblue RegistryBooster" It is a snake oil product like all the
> others. Asking for trouble if using it

Yeah, had you avoided the need to add your second para, I wouldn't have felt
the need to tell you how screwed up you are and how ignorant it is of you to
make such statements that ALL are the same color!
I'd have given it a pass, but ... obviously you hope to have issued troll
bait, but other than this response, I haven't the need to fart around with
your closed minded, malicious and otherwise ignorant statements. You've
already been cubby-holed by most thinking people.
I used to consider you fairly knowledgeable but this libelous vendetta of
yours has ruined any credibility you may have ever had.

Twayne

From: Twayne on
In news:hgg1jv$hsj$1(a)news.albasani.net,
VanguardLH <V(a)nguard.LH> typed:
> Twayne wrote:
>
>> Just curious:
>> Has anyone checked out Winzip's "Uniblue RegistryBooster"?
>> I don't have the time to do an analysis of the product yet so
>> thought I'd see if there were any head-start opinions here. Well,
>> with the exception of the misinformationists anyway -
>> misinformationists need not respond.
>
> http://www.winzip.com/
>
> No mention of any "Uniblue" product. Perhaps you meant the
> garbageware from www.uniblue.com.

Hmm, interesting. There was something there day before yesterday I think it
was, and they did admit it was a 3rd party program. Not now though.
I guess that answers my question: Thanks. Apparently I wasn't the only
one to chastise WinZip for promoting what I considered spam. OTOH I've
usually found their recommendations to be not be far off the mark so it
piqued my interest to research it a bit. I don't see anything about it
either, now. As a longtime winzip user I'm pretty disappointed in them.
I only went as far as checking Robtex and Spamcop.net and Google for a
reputation on Uniblue and they looked clean, prompting me to ask here about
it since time was at a premium. Additionally I noticed they'd been around
since 2004 so they weren't new to the scene.

And yes, in reality it was the "garbageware" from uniblue.com, as you called
it. I'll paste the e-mail I received at the end of this post, just in case
it does anyone any good as a warning. You'll note it does sound like a carny
worker's spiel; normally that would have turned me off, but like I said, I
was in a hurry (and still am damn it!).
At first I thought the Headers must be forged, etc., but parsing and
lookups came out fine; everything pointed to no forgeries. At least as far
as I could find at the time. So now I think it's just a good forgery, not a
goodmail I guess. I can't find any forgery but ... .

At any rate, I can see there's no reason to look any further at them. It's
not that I need their program, it's more a curiousity and I do keep my eyes
open for controversial applications. They're almost always shams but
occasionally there will be a gem among them<g>.

Regards, & thanks for your input,

Twayne`

------- spam in its entirety but not code ------

Uniblue RegistryBooster

Download Uniblue's best registry cleaner yet

The best RegistryBooster ever!
Uniblue is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

If you aren't cleaning your PC's registry regularly then your computer's
performance could be damaged by registry errors. Now, with the launch of the
completely new RegistryBooster 2010, you no longer need to put up with slow
PC performance, unexpected computer crashes and other general glitches and
hitches.

Download Uniblue's best registry booster yet and follow our three easy steps
to a faster PC:

1. Download RegistryBooster 2010 and run a free scan. With only a few clicks
you'll quickly be able to see the damage status of your system and how many
errors need fixing.

http://download.uniblue.com/ven/rb/winzip/scan/registrybooster.exe

2. Clean your registry with just the click of a button.

3. Um...? That's it! Now you'll be able to enjoy:

* A faster scanning engine
* A simpler user interface
* Clearer scan results with intelligent system "damage" assessment
* Automatic registry backup for total system safety

Download your FREE RegistryBooster 2010 scan today and see how much faster
your PC could be with our best registry cleaner ever.

http://download.uniblue.com/ven/rb/winzip/scan/registrybooster.exe

But don't just take our word for how good RegistryBooster 2010 is:

"RegistryBooster 2010 is the only registry cleaner I use and recommend. It
is safe, makes backups before making any changes and it has a registry
defragmenter too." James Fisher, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Restore your PC's speed
Download your FREE performance scan now �

http://download.uniblue.com/ven/rb/winzip/scan/registrybooster.exe

The free RegistryBooster scan will provide you with a diagnostic report on
how your computer's performance can be optimized. You will then be able to
implement improvements by purchasing the full version of RegistryBooster.

We sent you this message because you are a registered user of WinZip. If for
any reason you would like your e-mail address removed from this mailing list
or would like to change your e-mail address, please go to:
http://www.winzip.com/optout.htm

Copyright � 2009 WinZip International LLC. WinZip is a registered trademark
of WinZip International LLC. View our privacy policy here:
http://www.winzip.com/privacy.htm. WinZip Computing, 11 Professional Park
Road, Mansfield, CT 06268, USA

While we at WinZip Computing believe that the 3rd party software promoted
via our e-mail promotions are reputable products (we always try them before
promoting them), please keep in mind that they are published by 3rd parties
and their development and operation is outside the control of WinZip. By
purchasing, downloading or using any 3rd party software promoted by WinZip,
you acknowledge and agree that WinZip has no responsibility or liability for
any harm, damage or other loss caused to you by that 3rd party software. You
represent and warrant to WinZip that you have made your own inquiries and
decisions, and have not relied on any representation by WinZip in
determining to download, purchase or install any such 3rd party software.

----- end -------

From: Twayne on
In news:uCwXMiBgKHA.2184(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Unknown <unknown(a)unknown.kom> typed:
> You really mean you don't want to waste your time on garbage you'd
> rather someone else?
> "Twayne" <nobody(a)spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Just curious:
>> Has anyone checked out Winzip's "Uniblue RegistryBooster"?
>> I don't have the time to do an analysis of the product yet so
>> thought I'd see if there were any head-start opinions here. Well,
>> with the exception of the misinformationists anyway -
>> misinformationists need not respond. --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Twayne

Typical thinking for you, I suppose, and this response fits with your
trollish behavior on many posts you make.

From: Jose on
On Dec 17, 6:18 pm, "Twayne" <nob...(a)spamcop.net> wrote:
> Just curious:
> Has anyone checked out Winzip's "Uniblue RegistryBooster"?
> I don't have the time to do an analysis of the product yet so thought I'd
> see if there were any head-start opinions here.  Well, with the exception of
> the misinformationists anyway - misinformationists need not respond.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Twayne

I will install it.

I have tried at least a dozen registry cleaners/optimizers/compactors/
compressors/defragmenters/remove unnecessary thingers.

What kind of testing and analysis would you do if you had the time?