From: Benjamin Goldman on
After I freeze a soft synth track and then export to WAV it won't play.
What am I doing wrong?

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Gerry Peters on
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:32:16 -0700, "Benjamin Goldman"
<bengoldmanSKIPIT(a)centurytel.net> wrote:

>After I freeze a soft synth track and then export to WAV it won't play.
>What am I doing wrong?

I assume you mean the exported wav file won't play. Do you mean it
plays but there is silence or do you get an error message saying win
media player can't play the file? When you export you can choose 16
bit 44.1., if that doesn't play or plays but is silent then you may
have another track soloed or the synth track muted, that will produce
a silent wav file

Hope that helps.
--
Gerry Peters
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Rick Paul wrote:

> "Benjamin Goldman" <bengoldmanSKIPIT(a)centurytel.net> wrote in message
> > After I freeze a soft synth track and then export to WAV it won't
> > play. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Make sure you're exporting in a format (i.e. sample rate and bit
> depth) that your player can handle. I think the default is probably
> 64-bit (or maybe 32-bit if you're using the 32-bit audio engine?) and
> the same sample rate as you're using in your project, but I'm pretty
> sure 64-bit is not something Windows Media Player, for example, can
> handle.
>
> Some of the default formats can be changed in the Audio Options (or
> is that the Audio tab of the Global Options?), but I'm don't recall
> if this specific one can. I do recall it allows changing the
> imported audio file bit-depth (I usually just leave it as the source
> format since there's no benefit to sending it upwards at that level),
> and the rendering format for internal audio files (e.g. from doing a
> freeze -- I usually make that 64-bit to keep maximum resolution so as
> not to force bit reduction from a freeze), and there is at least one
> more that I don't recall off the top of my head.
>
> Rick

Thanks. I'll take the check mark out of the 64 bit. Bet that's it.
We'll see.

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Gerry Peters wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:32:16 -0700, "Benjamin Goldman"
> <bengoldmanSKIPIT(a)centurytel.net> wrote:
>
> > After I freeze a soft synth track and then export to WAV it won't
> > play. What am I doing wrong?
>
> I assume you mean the exported wav file won't play. Do you mean it
> plays but there is silence or do you get an error message saying win
> media player can't play the file? When you export you can choose 16
> bit 44.1., if that doesn't play or plays but is silent then you may
> have another track soloed or the synth track muted, that will produce
> a silent wav file
>
> Hope that helps.

Thanks. The Media Player, Real Player, and Sound Forge won't open it,
saying I need the correct codec.

I think Rick hit it about the 64 bit setting issue. Am going to check
that out now.

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Rick Paul wrote:

> "Benjamin Goldman" <bengoldmanSKIPIT(a)centurytel.net> wrote in message
> > After I freeze a soft synth track and then export to WAV it won't
> > play. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Make sure you're exporting in a format (i.e. sample rate and bit
> depth) that your player can handle. I think the default is probably
> 64-bit (or maybe 32-bit if you're using the 32-bit audio engine?) and
> the same sample rate as you're using in your project, but I'm pretty
> sure 64-bit is not something Windows Media Player, for example, can
> handle.
>
> Some of the default formats can be changed in the Audio Options (or
> is that the Audio tab of the Global Options?), but I'm don't recall
> if this specific one can. I do recall it allows changing the
> imported audio file bit-depth (I usually just leave it as the source
> format since there's no benefit to sending it upwards at that level),
> and the rendering format for internal audio files (e.g. from doing a
> freeze -- I usually make that 64-bit to keep maximum resolution so as
> not to force bit reduction from a freeze), and there is at least one
> more that I don't recall off the top of my head.
>
> Rick

That did it. Thanks. I made a new project with 16 bit and exported to
16 bit. The default in both cases was 64. :-/

All better now!

--
Cheers,
Ben