From: lesbryan on

O am running xp2 sp 2 and i am having the same trouble it has downloaded 9
times already(dont know what to do)

From: Norman Epstein on
Mow. Green..maybe we have it. I deleted all versions of msxml4.dll from
"sys32" directory. Rebooted...Windows update again offered me the subject
update, I clicked ok to install....it ran...then told me "no need for the
update"...has been 8 minutes since I did this and it hasn't offered that
update to me yet. I was able to delete the msxml4.dll files directly from
the sys.32 directory. Hope I don't need them for anything. Current printer
running ok.

Thanks for your help.

Other guys with this problem ought to try this...ie...delete all versions of
the msml4.dll file

Norman Epstein
From: lesbryan on
I have just downloaded package 941833 from microsoft.public.windowsupdate now
everything seems O/K .NO ICON IN MY TRAY

From: jzd on
I bought my computer with Vista preinstalled . Update (KB936181) is an XP
update I've been told. Why do I keep getting this update request?
--
jzd

From: MowGreen [MVP] on

From: An update is available that improves the compatibility and the
reliability of Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 on a
Windows Vista-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941833

> NTRODUCTION
> This article describes an update that resolves certain application compatibility issues and
> reliability issues in Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2). These issues may occur
> on a Windows Vista-based computer after you install security update 936181. This security update is
> announced in security bulletin MS07-042.

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
(KB936181)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=021E12F5-CB46-43DF-A2B8-185639BA2807&displaylang=en

> System Requirements
>
> * Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1;
> Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; * Windows Vista * ; Windows XP Service Pack 2

See the ' Known issues with this update ' here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941833

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten