From: Robert Aldwinckle on
"jzd" <jzd(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought my computer with Vista preinstalled .

> Update (KB936181) is an XP update I've been told.

Why don't you test that assumption?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms07-042.mspx

(link from KB936181 article)

<quote>
This is a critical security update for all supported editions of Windows 2000,
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Microsoft Office 2003, and 2007 Microsoft Office System.
</quote>

So, your OS is mentioned but note also that the update may even apply to you
if you have a version of Office installed.

> Why do I keep getting this update request?

See above? ; )

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---