From: Ulick Magee on
Paul J Gans wrote:
> Ulick Magee <ulickatmaildotcom(a)feckoff.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Interesting that so many people download the DVD. I think that less
>> experienced users are more likely to do that, so they have everything
>> "just in case" but for most people it's a waste of time/bandwidth even
>> if they don't realise it.
>
> Not necessarily when you have an ultraslow home internet connection
> (Thank you, cable company) and can download rapidly in the office.
> This way I can at least do a basic install at home, set things up
> the way I want them, and then let the machine run for 48 hours or
> whatever so it can update everything.

Absolutely, and as I said in another post, some people have to use
coverdisks from a magazine because their internet access at home is so
slow/unreliable.

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org